Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12476 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: NES classic
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2017, 11:42:57 AM »
It's true. There are multiple paths to the enlightenment that is owning a NES clone. They don't play the same, but they do sit unused in a box the same so that's a path for certain people.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:15 AM »
1: you can't seriously expect them to keep making the thing as-is now that it's been cracked.

The Wii was cracked.  Same with every iteration of the DS.

If it weren't for the box collectors and the eBay-employed I'd have one.

That's the sad truth, right there.

The Wii and DS were cracked. They were also replaced with multiple hardware iterations and aided mandatory software updates. The NES Classic cannot be updated (officially) and I'd be surprised if they didn't make a new version.

Punch

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
People who have never busted their ass for years on a product, IMO, have a lot less right to complain about people who do.

Ahh the classic appeal to accomplishment fallacy.

Accomplishment is no fallacy. People who have done shit really are different from armchair CEO fanboys with zero experience in anything. If you've worked at banks or retail or some other useless shit all your live you'll never know this though. It's kind of impossible to see the other side of the fence...

Fair enough, I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, I don't really get why you're labeling people expressing their frustration with Nintendo's product strategy as "fanboys" though.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »
Allow me to summerize my thoughts in the deadlines reporting the NES Classic being discontinued.

Fake Gamer News.

Please alert me when the Mother of all Nindendos becomes a thing.

Johnpv

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2017, 12:30:20 AM »
I think the shitty thing is how NoA kept saying they were going to make more to meet demand and then with this press release they said it was always meant to be a limited release.  At least be more upfront about that.  It sucks for people still trying to get one, though for enthusiasts there's a lot of other options.

esadajr

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2017, 01:47:11 AM »
Nintendo is no longer shipping NES Classics. If you still want one good luck.

All desire went away when scalpers went batshit with it, rather build a pi with a case of my own choosing...

That. It had the effect of folks talking too much about the Pi.
Gaming since 1985

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2017, 03:29:02 AM »
Fair enough, I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying, I don't really get why you're labeling people expressing their frustration with Nintendo's product strategy as "fanboys" though.

It's simple: in Zeta's mind, Nintendo is always right.  You either do things their way or you lose money hand over fist.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2017, 03:53:37 AM »
I think the shitty thing is how NoA kept saying they were going to make more to meet demand and then with this press release they said it was always meant to be a limited release.  At least be more upfront about that.  It sucks for people still trying to get one, though for enthusiasts there's a lot of other options.

Yeah, even though I don't need one, I still wanted to get one for the novelty of it. Plus, I could leave it with my kids and not worry about it.

I would have tried harder to order it online if I knew it would be discontinued.

I only tried twice, at the height of the insanity, and then decided I could wait.

Ha!
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:20 AM »

Yeah, even though I don't need one, I still wanted to get one for the novelty of it. Plus, I could leave it with my kids and not worry about it.

I would have tried harder to order it online if I knew it would be discontinued.

I only tried twice, at the height of the insanity, and then decided I could wait.

Ha!

Now you're waiting for a new version specifically for "Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom"
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »

Ha!

Now you're waiting for a new version specifically for "Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom"

Indeed. :)
  |    | 

ChuChu Flamingo

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »
Other than the novelty of owning one, im not really sad. Nintendo is literally pants on head retarded for discontinuing it and enabling these scalpers.

bob

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
Other than the novelty of owning one, im not really sad. Nintendo is literally pants on head retarded for discontinuing it and enabling these scalpers.

my brother is pants-on-head retarded and he takes offense to your post.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
Discontinuing it means the flippers and scalpers win. Nintendo is losing a lot of potential money and sales , if they would have met demands and produced more of these, they would have sold well.

I guess they dont want to make money lol

TR0N

« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »
Nintendo must hate making money.Unless there really paranoid it will cut into the vc for the switch on it's release.I wanted one for novelty sake but at this point i doubt i can find it at retail.Oh well,have a famicom av all ready and a collection of games so i'm set.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2017, 03:01:27 AM »

It's simple: in Zeta's mind, Nintendo is always right.  You either do things their way or you lose money hand over fist.

If that's as deep into what I'm saying as you can see...I guess you still get the point. Be it wisdom or belligerence, Nintendo has lost many many billions less than Sony and MS have in the last 15 years since Sega died and they didn't do this by just listening to Twitter feedback and fat f*cks on YouTube. The success of the NES Classic is something MS and Sony would gladly enjoy but never could: a highly profitable well engineered yet sub-$100 item sells way beyond expectations, the entire project going from announcement to completion in less than a year.

I'm not saying they are always right. Painting me a loyal to any billion dollar corporation shows your willful missing of my point, as you have been doing here...since before Sega died. I'm not shitting on fanboys because say something contrary to Nintendo, I'm shitting on them because they say something counter to their own level of expertise which is usually zero.

If anyone here ACTUALLY MAKES SOMETHING then their standing increased significantly. People who live off eBay, work in food service, cops, lawyers,  bankers, the IT crowd, clerks, clergy, etc...I don't tell them how to make sales quotas so it's annoying to hear them pretend they know how to make a video game when an existing one doesn't meet every one of their criteria.

Obviously Elmer, Arkhan, Old Rover, Nightwolve, etc have significantly more standing since they have a greater understanding of what this kind of work is, although obviously that's very far removed. People who make anything are rare in the US nowadays but they do exist and those aren't the people who have done the most complaining from what I've seen. Mostly it's a bunch of no-nothing losers who couldn't even draw a picture of the NES Classsic let alone design one.

It's like the guy who loves to say "I told you so." except he didn't and he wasn't right about anything anything anyway. He's just f*cking annoying.

Have you ever tested a prototype of something for a year only to have the project canceled because another design turned out to be a better idea? Have you ever worked on a project for five years and then see it tank because a supplier f*cked up a minor part? Ever seen your sales reduced by a more popular but ultimately shittier competitor's product because of the price? Do you work in product certification and safety? Those are people with insight. If you had to shove your boss at 7-11 because you needed to get fired so you could go to the Gathering of the Juggaloes and now it's going to suck because you planned on having a NES classic in your meth tent, then please just f*ck the f*ck off.