Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12492 times)

TheClash603

Re: NES classic
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »
I grabbed a SNES Classic bundle on Gamestop that came with two wireless controllers.  I didn't really want the controllers at all, but the bundle was cheaper than resale prices on the system alone, and maybe (probably not), they will actually be good controllers to use when I am more than 5 feet from the system.

Winniez

« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »
I found NES Classic controller for 10euros from a bargain bin. Great for Wii virtual console and for modded systems.

crazydean

« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2017, 01:58:45 PM »
I grabbed a SNES Classic bundle on Gamestop that came with two wireless controllers.  I didn't really want the controllers at all, but the bundle was cheaper than resale prices on the system alone, and maybe (probably not), they will actually be good controllers to use when I am more than 5 feet from the system.

Just saw a video on YT today talking about Gamestop and ThinkGeek doing those damn bundles, essentially forcing you to buy some garbage at a high markup if you want the system. They did the same thing for the NES classic.

PS. ThinkGeek and Gamestop are one in the same!
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

TelcoSurveyor

« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2017, 02:08:04 PM »

Just saw a video on YT today talking about Gamestop and ThinkGeek doing those damn bundles, essentially forcing you to buy some garbage at a high markup if you want the system. They did the same thing for the NES classic.

I saw that video too. Eff GameStop for forcing people to buy surplus garbage nobody wants.
PS. ThinkGeek and Gamestop are one in the same!
I'm the Wind, Baby!

Lost Monkey

« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2017, 01:54:26 AM »
So, the Source (former Canadian Radio Shack) sends out an email Friday morning that SNES Mini pre-orders would be available at noon.  The site crashed and was useless from around 10 am till 7pm from the traffic.  Around 7 they took the preorder page down and haven't attempted to put it back up yet. 

Not a single preorder was completed.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:56:06 AM by Lost Monkey »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2017, 02:39:27 AM »
Video games are so fun in 2017.

crazydean

« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2017, 02:54:49 AM »
Video games are so fun in 2017.

They aren't if you are an impulsive idiot. You don't need every f*cking gadget that is made. There are millions of NESs still out there. The damn things are indestructible.

sirhcman

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »
Specifically, Fils-Aimé said preorder problems did not indicate a supply issue, and he urged potential customers not to turn to third-party resellers to buy the device.

"I would strongly urge you not to overbid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites," he said. "You shouldn't pay more than $79.99."

Yeah okay..........

Raizen1984

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2017, 04:13:44 PM »
What Nintendo should do, and perhaps there's some kind of economic reason why they can't do this, but they should sell these on their own site.  Put up a preorder page, let everyone who wants one fill out an order, and then make them on demand.  They can't be that expensive to manufacture, and they would make a killing.

I mean, am I crazy, or would this not solve every issue that's cropped up on this?

TheOldMan

« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »
...then make them on demand.

I doubt Nintendo owns the plants that actually manufacture them. So to get them made, they have to order a minimum quantity.
Order too many, and they sit in the warehouse, tying up $$ that could be used elsewhere.
Order too few, and you have the current situation.

Its a no-win sutuation. They're gonna pi$$ someone off, either way :/

crazydean

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »
My understanding is that Nintendo expects retailers to buy their inventory, but won't take it back if it doesn't sell. This gives them some protection against poor sales. Also, they will be selling millions of these. Nintendo isn't set up to ship millions of orders. They ship fewer orders with larger quantities. They would need much more staff to do that.

jperryss

« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2017, 02:19:02 AM »
Let's see what this announcement does to ebay prices in the next few months:
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-bringing-back-the-nes-classic-in-2018-1803771394

sirhcman

« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2017, 02:20:54 AM »

I will believe it when I see it. Reggie has lied multiple times already about the NES and SNES Classics so it is hard for me to believe anything these people say now. Also the NES Classic coming back next summer could indicate next years "holiday run" since they won't be able to have a "new" Classic system ready for the holidays. If they spoke about actual production #s then maybe I will listen but until then I won't believe them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:24:28 AM by sirhcman »

crazydean

« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2017, 03:26:19 AM »

It's not going to do anything until the units are actually available. Also, there's going to be a way to distinguish between the first model and the new one. I'm sure people won't care about that though, people don't care able variants.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2017, 03:33:34 AM »
If (when) they bring it back, it'll be with a different mix of games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles