Author Topic: problem with my Duo-R  (Read 291 times)

slashhhy

problem with my Duo-R
« on: May 07, 2002, 04:31:00 AM »
I have a problem with my duo-r :
Once I start to play with a CD, the game is running only 2 min, then, it stops and comes back to the screen "push run button".
It must be an electronic component which is over, but I don't know where to look, I don't want to damage anything.
I can play cards without problem, it concerns only the CD system.

Thanks for help !

Pcenginefx

Re: problem with my Duo-R
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 02:30:00 AM »
Hi slashhhy, welcome to the boards.  If you can answer my questions below I will have a better idea of what your issue is.

1. How long have you had your DUO-R? (did you buy your DUO-R new or used?)

2. Have you tried other CD games?  Does it restart with every CD game you try to play?

3. Are you using originals of the games or CDRs?

Also, you might want to try to clean the CD lens, but be very careful that you don't scratch the lens.  Air it out, make sure there isn't any build-up of dust, maybe use a lens cleaning brush if you can get one.  Also make sure that the CDs you are using are as scratch-free as possible as the CD unit will fail if it can't read the data in a reasonable amount of time. Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Gamble84

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2002, 03:46:00 AM »
I had a similar problem. There is a tiny screw that you can see on the laser mount. I adjusted it and my games started to boot fine. I dont reccomend this unless you know what your doing. This leads me to belive that the laser was out of allignment. Also, you need a SPECIAL screw driver to get the backs off of Duo R's

Also where did you get your Duo R? Off ebay? From a guy names Antiquare_2cv? Because me and another person did and we both have had problems

slashhhy

thanks everybody !
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 05:33:00 AM »
thanks a lot for your replies.
Fortunately, my duo-r is OK now, since the problem came from the electric power supply.
I 've had my duo-r for 7 years now, with a little collection. It's hard in France to find games nowadays.
thanks again.