Author Topic: WTT: Sega CDX towards a PCE Duo  (Read 389 times)

Leviathan024

WTT: Sega CDX towards a PCE Duo
« on: April 03, 2017, 02:00:53 PM »
Hello folks. New member here and I am eager to play some everdrive and burned discs on a PCE Duo.

For trade towards a re capped and clean system I have a Sega CDX for trade or + $.

The CDX is in good shape but is unfortunately missing the battery door cover.  The system plays cartridge games just fine and has played tomcat alley/sonic cd (the only cd games I own)
I do think the laser is getting weak as the odd time an FMV will "skip" for a brief second but audio cds have played just fine. The system has been dissembled and cleaned with no obvious capacitor/fuse problems. Includes a MK-2103 power adapter,AV cable and a smart-16 controller.
Message me for photos

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:33:24 AM by Leviathan024 »

HuMan

Re: WTT: Sega CDX towards a Turbo Duo
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »
If you're getting a Turbo Everdrive, there's no point in getting a region mod. Also, there's a massive price difference between the actual Turbo Duo and the more common PC Engine Duo (black version). With a Turbo Everdrive, there is no functional difference between the Turbo and PCE, just get a recapped PCE Duo system.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:00:32 AM »
Welcome aboard!

+1 on saving some cash and getting a PCE Duo.  If you're gonna get an Everdrive and a region mod anyway, it's not worth paying a bunch more for a US system.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 04:41:32 AM »
Hello folks. New member here and I am eager to play some everdrive and burned discs on a Turbo Duo.

For trade towards a re capped,region modded and clean system I have a Sega CDX for trade or + $.

The CDX is in good shape but is unfortunately missing the battery door cover.  The system plays cartridge games just fine and has played tomcat alley/sonic cd (the only cd games I own)
I do think the laser is getting weak as the odd time an FMV will "skip" for a brief second but audio cds have played just fine. The system has been dissembled and cleaned with no obvious capacitor/fuse problems. Includes a MK-2103 power adapter,AV cable and a smart-16 controller.

Thanks for looking!

That isn't the correct power supply for the CDX, it could be causing your playback issues and killing your unit over time so I would work on getting a correct replacement soon.  9.5V, 1.5A and center positive jack will fulfill your needs there. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

HuMan

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:13 AM »
I didn't even notice that, nice catch. I've been slacking with Sega lately...

Leviathan024

Re: WTT: Sega CDX towards a PCE Duo
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the ever drive and turbo duo I have edited the post. Unfortunately that is the power supply that came with it and seems to be the one included in most ebay sales.  The cdx has been in my collection for a while collecting dust and I would prefer it goes to someone that has a better understanding  and appreciation of these sega items

in99flames

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »
Element is correct. The old sega systems and the cdx are VERY picky about their power supplies. The one youre using is for a model 2 genesis/nomad/game gear. Yea it fits in the cdx...but again...cdx wants 9.5v and 1500ma. That power supply you have is giving it too many volts and not enough amps. I want to say that power supply is 10v and 800 or 850ma. I think i want that cdx....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Leviathan024

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 02:35:35 PM »
Yup I am aware it it's not the original but it's only been powered on 2 times by me. If anyone has the proper power adapter or wants to locate one this is a chance to get a good deal on a cdx. I'm not into collecting those systems and would much prefer trading towards a nec console.