Author Topic: Snatcher English translation?  (Read 7443 times)

Jester82

Re: Snatcher English translation?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »
Yeah I figured I would get people telling me to just play the Sega CD version. I think I will but from what I've read it's a little censored and not as good as the beloved PCE CD version. I've never played the game, just wanted to experience it as it was originally intended. Hopefully one day... If I had the skills, I'd do it myself. But im not hacker or programmer. Im the hands on hardware type. Guess I will try the Sega CD version for now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:34:21 AM by Jester82 »

Gypsy

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
It is censored, but it also has some extended scenes. I've not played the PCE version, so I can't say how much these scenes help or possibly detract from the game.

The colour is obviously going to look better on PCE CD. I remember reading the PCE version was the last one cut by Kojima, but this could just be an internet rumour, idk how legit the source was.

Like Black Tiger said, the game is worth playing, and if you don't know Japanese you can really only play the Sega CD version.

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »
The Sega-CD version has an opening cinema that is part of a comic that comes with the PCE version. The regular game ported over from PCE looks similarly colored, but that tacked on intro is dingy and ghoulish.

Otherwise, there is an inorganic Snatcher shooting segment dropped into the final act.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

haightc

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »
I've played thought both the Saturn and SegaCD version.    I was under the impression that most folks considered the Saturn version the definative version for both Snatcher and Policenauts.   One I have a working cd-rom again I hope to play though the PCE version.   I don't like the 3d animated intro on the saturn version but I felt the game flowed better comared to the SegaCD version.   I would like to see an english translation of the Snatcher for PCE and 3do policenauts, but I had no problem playing though in Japanese.    For whatever reason I found myself struggling a little bit more to understand the story when playing policenauts.   

Raizen1984

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 02:29:04 PM »
Assuming you're going to retranslate any version of this, I think it would be more worth wile to translate the PC-88 version.  It's more historically significant since it's the actual original version.

EDIT:  A PCE adventure game I'd like to see retranslated that came out in English on Sega CD is Space Adventure Cobra  :-"
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:58:53 PM by Raizen1984 »

ashrion

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 09:18:04 PM »
Not.
Kojima in pc-88 and horrible port from msx,
He was super limited by the machine and the result is not what he wanted and had thought, is more is horribly slow to play and lacks all the main explanation of the argument.

Pc engine is a game  That kojima wanted to do, already with fame and freedom from create, Your game, no limitations.

Sega cd is only a big shit, not kojima, only bad port from usa and europa, censored, horrible colours typical, megadrive-megacd, shit cover design, shit new images not create kojima, shit instructions, shit case, typical disaster pal- and us game conversions japanese games of 90`.

Not compare snatcher pc engine, with same version of megacd. One is a original game of kojima, other only one bad port of konami.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:20:30 PM by ashrion »

esteban

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 11:35:33 PM »
Sega cd is only a big shit, not kojima, only bad port from usa and europa, censored, horrible colours typical, megadrive-megacd, shit cover design, shit new images not create kojima, shit instructions, shit case, typical disaster pal- and us game conversions japanese games of 90`.

Not compare snatcher pc engine, with same version of megacd. One is a original game of kojima, other only one bad port of konami.

I feel you may have been angry or frustrated when you typed this.

Also, although you may be an agent of FEKA, you are doing a really good job of convincing me that PCE is your Saviour.

Amen, comrade.

Amen.

:)
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »

I feel you may have been angry or frustrated when you typed this.

Also, he probably used google translate.

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 04:42:54 AM »
Assuming you're going to retranslate any version of this, I think it would be more worth wile to translate the PC-88 version.  It's more historically significant since it's the actual original version.

EDIT:  A PCE adventure game I'd like to see retranslated that came out in English on Sega CD is Space Adventure Cobra  :-"

The Space Adventure has an amazing localization. I was shocked the first time I played through it. :)

Punch

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 05:26:16 AM »

I don't know why this post is so hilarious but I'm laughing my butt off right now.

ALL THESE SNATCHERS ARE YOURS
EXCEPT EUROPA:
ATTEMPT NO BIG SHIT THERE
DON'T USE THEM TOGETHER
WITH SEGA CD

Raizen1984

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 05:38:05 AM »
Not.
He was super limited by the machine and the result is not what he wanted and had thought, is more is horribly slow to play and lacks all the main explanation of the argument.

Pc engine is a game  That kojima wanted to do, already with fame and freedom from create, Your game, no limitations.

Lol

lukester

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 05:48:21 AM »
Not.

Why are Kojima fanboys some of the most obsessive people on the internet?

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Black Tiger

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 06:39:58 AM »
Not.

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Especially since he's a hack who's entire career is built on appropriation.

"Images not create from kojima tracing over stills from USA and Europa films Dune, Blade Runner, Alien, Escape From New York, Lethal Weapon, etc. Therefore is shit!"

Gypsy

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »
Not.

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Especially since he's a hack who's entire career is built on appropriation.

"Images not create from kojima tracing over stills from USA and Europa films Dune, Blade Runner, Alien, Escape From New York, Lethal Weapon, etc. Therefore is shit!"

Lol yeah. I enjoy his games for the most part, but it's obvious what every game he made was ripping off.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Not.

I love this post.