Author Topic: Snatcher English translation?  (Read 7420 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Snatcher English translation?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 06:25:28 PM »
The Sega CD version is a piece of shit because it's on a Sega platform. THE END. PC E is better it's always betetr because PCE because 1337. f*cking Sega and their intro it f*cking sucks OMG it's SO HORRIBLE and that localization!!! Pure crap@ It's just awful! Imma shoot myself but first I wanna say pCE 4 lyfe OMG PCE always wins because PCE I just spooged OMG lolol.

That's what reading this thread eels like.

Gypsy

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 12:38:11 AM »
The Sega CD version is a piece of shit because it's on a Sega platform. THE END. PC E is better it's always betetr because PCE because 1337. f*cking Sega and their intro it f*cking sucks OMG it's SO HORRIBLE and that localization!!! Pure crap@ It's just awful! Imma shoot myself but first I wanna say pCE 4 lyfe OMG PCE always wins because PCE I just spooged OMG lolol.

You should do a Game Sack video on this topic.  :dance:

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 06:41:19 AM »
Here is are some good examples of the typical horrible colours of the Mega Drive/Mega-CD in USA/Europa:

You can easily notice all of the shades that were lost in the transition from PCE to Sega-CD, in Mika's hair/blazer, Napolean's robe/hair and Gibson's clothes. Also notice the censorship of the Gibson scene on Sega-CD.

It is obvious why ashrion doesn't want you to compare snatcher pc engine, with same version of megacd, which is only one bad port of konami.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Raizen1984

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 08:35:16 AM »
While there are some subtle differences in the color palette (it's mostly just brighter), some of the graphics seem more detailed on Sega CD (the jacket on Gibson, individual strands of hair on Mika, etc).

lukester

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
One of the main differences in Snatcher is some of the music, the PSG stuff.

Take this for example. The pce version is definitely to the sega cd here though I can't say for other tracks

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »
The chiptune sound in the PCE version matches the plastic visual style. The compositions also feel the most appropriate, regardless of what anyone prefers between individuals tracks.

But Snatcher is yet another game where most people ignore the actual music and instead quicky pick which bgm sounds like their favorite console's sound.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Mi5terDNA

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »
One of the main differences in Snatcher is some of the music, the PSG stuff.

Take this for example. The pce version is definitely to the sega cd here though I can't say for other tracks

Wow, I've only played the SEGA CD version of Snatcher, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but the PCE version sounds leagues better.  I guess I didn't even realize there was a PCE version of Snatcher.  Between that and Shin Megami Tensei, I really need to pick up a CD-ROM unit (and learn Japanese...)
eBay Feedback: http://ebay.to/1U809Kn
FamicomWorld Feedback: http://bit.ly/1Vh9DYQ

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 03:54:11 AM »

The FEKA version isn't all bad and is worth playing as the only english option, but that won't stop me from wanting a translation patch for the superior PCE version.  And why's it better?  Because tits and ass!

P.S. - What's wrong with eels?  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »
This is one of the reasons I bought a Raspberry Pi. I'm not going to buy a Sega CD and Snatcher, but for $35 I can get the same experience. Sadly, I haven't played it as much as I'd like, but, holy moly, all the Blade Runner references makes me want to play it more!

P.S. - I purchased the PC Engine version before getting s RPi hoping I could find a good walkthrough, but so much is lost that way that I just couldn't enjoy it.

ccovell

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
But Snatcher is yet another game where most people ignore the actual music and instead quicky pick which bgm sounds like their favorite console's sound.

Not at all. me:  (worst) CD Redbook <<< PCE <<<< MSX <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sega CD << PC-88 (best)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2017, 03:55:23 AM »
I got 2064 Read Only Memories on the recent Flash sale on PSN.  Made me think of how badly I'd love the Turbog version transamalated, for sure'n! 

R.O.M. 2064 is a wonderful game and totally worth tracking down for those that love Snatcher!  Completely loved playing through this.  I have it on Ouya and Steam, lol.  :D

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »
I got 2064 Read Only Memories on the recent Flash sale on PSN.  Made me think of how badly I'd love the Turbog version transamalated, for sure'n! 

R.O.M. 2064 is a wonderful game and totally worth tracking down for those that love Snatcher!  Completely loved playing through this.  I have it on Ouya and Steam, lol.  :D

I got it in a flash sale on PSN.  Haven't played thru it(nor Snatcher) yet, but I had a feeling it was like Snatcher.  And I like the cyber punk theme of it.  I think it was 5 bucks on sale?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2017, 09:08:34 AM »

I got it in a flash sale on PSN.  Haven't played thru it(nor Snatcher) yet, but I had a feeling it was like Snatcher.  And I like the cyber punk theme of it.  I think it was 5 bucks on sale?

Might seem like an odd duck of a game, but if you are on steam, I'd suggest giving this a try when you're done with R.O.M.-
http://store.steampowered.com/app/447530/VA11_HallA_Cyberpunk_Bartender_Action/

I really dig the characters and soundtrack!

Keith Courage

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »
You forgot one major difference.

you can see more cleavage in the pce version because the text isn't blocking it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:33:49 PM by Keith Courage »

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 02:53:32 AM »

This rant needs to be the next spoof you guys do at the end of each episode.