Author Topic: Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts - PC engine cover  (Read 670 times)

Michirin9801

Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts - PC engine cover
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »

Jun Chikuma is a genius!
I hope you like my cover ^^

DragonmasterDan

Re: Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts - PC engine cover
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »
Phew initially I thought this was a Super Bomberman game where instead of blowing things up you build lego cars.
--DragonmasterDan

Michirin9801

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »
AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLY SH*T!
WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU I cAN't BelIEVe YoU DiD ThIs To Me GoD DaMnIt HOW coulD YoU DO THIS to me?!?!?!?!

Nah, Hudson wouldn't do that =w=';
(I think)

Dicer

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Mighty fine work...

Michirin9801

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Mighty fine work...

Thanks mate ^^

esteban

Super Bomberman 5 - Nuts and Bolts - PC engine cover
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:46 AM »
Ok, this is a great rendition. Your PCE tune is a bit cheerier and/or brighter, which makes an already catchy tune even more infectious.

ASIDE: How ridiculously catchy is this damn song?

Absolutely.
Completely.
Ridiculously.
Catchy.

LOVE FOR SNES/SFC:
I don't know what the proper term is, but there is a "staccato-like" (the "attack"...then abrupt fade out) quality to the SNES/SFC version that I love...it leaves me wanting more (in the best way possible).

PCE HOLDS ITS OWN:
Your PCE cover strikes me as a warmer, cheerier rendition. It really is lovely (and distinctly PCE). The PSG percussion  compliments the overall aesthetic. It fits together cohesively.

You are creating AGIT-PROP to promote the glories of PCE PSG.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't stop.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:34:54 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Michirin9801

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 09:23:29 AM »
That's deep man!
Thanks ^^

And yeah, I'll (probably) never stop, I may take a while in between each new tune, but I've got plenty of songs that I want to cover, and the HuC6280 is easily my favourite soundchip to make music for, it's so much fun and easy to make awesome music for it! And it has enough channels that I don't have to use yucky arpeggios to make a complex full-bodied song~

Dicer

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:26 AM »
That's deep man!
Thanks ^^

And yeah, I'll (probably) never stop, I may take a while in between each new tune, but I've got plenty of songs that I want to cover, and the HuC6280 is easily my favourite soundchip to make music for, it's so much fun and easy to make awesome music for it! And it has enough channels that I don't have to use yucky arpeggios to make a complex full-bodied song~

Do you take requests?

esteban

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
That's deep man!
Thanks ^^

Do you take requests?

Your wish has been granted.

Michirin9801 says she is going to do some crazy new arrangement/dance/disco/experimental versions of the Blodia/Timeball songs (all 3 of them).

All other requests are on hold.

:)

|    | 

Dicer

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 12:42:42 PM »
That's deep man!
Thanks ^^

Do you take requests?

Your wish has been granted.

Michirin9801 says she is going to do some crazy new arrangement/dance/disco/experimental versions of the Blodia/Timeball songs (all 3 of them).

All other requests are on hold.

:)

I just want my damn 2 unlimited... lol

Michirin9801

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
Do you take requests?
Sorry but no... I'm open for (paid) commissions though, but only for original tunes, and I'm also open for suggestions, but I'll only do them if I REALLY like the song, and even IF I do it will probably take a while...