Author Topic: "IN SEARCH OF........": Ys I and II US Box, any c  (Read 863 times)

rolins

"IN SEARCH OF........": Ys I and II US Box, any c
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 05:56:11 PM »
Were cool dude.  :wink:

vestcoat

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »
This thread does bring up an interesting point--are there a lot of jerks on this board?  Or do new people and outsiders have that impression?

I was pretty impressed by how talkative and helpful everyone was when I stumbled on here a year and a half ago.

I've seen some heated debates but I think most of the ribbing that goes on is pretty good-natured.
People on here definitely have some strong opinions but that can be expected with a crowd of fanatics clinging to a console that's been dead for a dozen years.

MotherGunner

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
Quote from: "vestcoat"
This thread does bring up an interesting point--are there a lot of jerks on this board?  Or do new people and outsiders have that impression?

I was pretty impressed by how talkative and helpful everyone was when I stumbled on here a year and a half ago.

I've seen some heated debates but I think most of the ribbing that goes on is pretty good-natured.
People on here definitely have some strong opinions but that can be expected with a crowd of fanatics clinging to a console that's been dead for a dozen years.

Agreed.  This is one of the reason why I joined.  Back in those months, no one flamed no matter how dumb the question was.  I think the hatred started with all the sapphire bootleg threads.  

Again, all I was asking for is a box to buy of someone.  God please don't kick me out of heaven for not using WTB....Different people use different want ads.  

So excuse me for using In search of "ISO".   The would have responded better to "Hey man, what does ISO mean?  If you tell me maybe I can help."  Instead of an "I don't get it."

What good does that do?  So yeah jerks have been plentiful here lately.  I won't say names, they know who they are.  And I glad to know Im not alone in this view.

/end rant
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

cavein2000

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »

Agree completely, when I joined people like Keranu and Seldane and many others were answering the dumbest questions I had to offer!!  This is definitely a big misunderstanding.  I think we can brush the minor confusion aside and be pals(ISO, WTB, who really cares?). Anyway, we have a job to do, Lets find Mothergunner a Ys I + II box, and by golly, the map too if he needs it!! Remember in Care Bears movie 2, when they all hold hands and say "We care!!  WE CARE!!  (in unison) WE CARE!!!! Well, I have no idea how that is relevant at all, but I think I'm going to go back to playing Dragon Warrior II now....

I'll keep an eye out for the box for you on Digital Press/E-bay for now, you might have to buy the game complete though and then sell the rest off.
What a horrible night to have a curse...

SignOfZeta

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
Quote from: "MotherGunner"

So excuse me for using In search of "ISO".   The would have responded better to "Hey man, what does ISO mean?  If you tell me maybe I can help."  Instead of an "I don't get it."

What good does that do?  So yeah jerks have been plentiful here lately.  I won't say names, they know who they are.  And I glad to know Im not alone in this view.

/end rant

OK, I once again don't get it. I didn't know what you meant by ISO, so I said, "I don't get it". I fail to see how that is a jerk response. Is that actually offensive to you? It seems like a %100 neutral comment to me. If that is offensive to you, I'd hate to see what effect actual rudeness would have on your obviously very sensitive psyche.

MotherGunner

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 11:41:27 AM »
Quote from: "cavein2000"

Agree completely, when I joined people like Keranu and Seldane and many others were answering the dumbest questions I had to offer!!  This is definitely a big misunderstanding.  I think we can brush the minor confusion aside and be pals(ISO, WTB, who really cares?). Anyway, we have a job to do, Lets find Mothergunner a Ys I + II box, and by golly, the map too if he needs it!! Remember in Care Bears movie 2, when they all hold hands and say "We care!!  WE CARE!!  (in unison) WE CARE!!!! Well, I have no idea how that is relevant at all, but I think I'm going to go back to playing Dragon Warrior II now....

I'll keep an eye out for the box for you on Digital Press/E-bay for now, you might have to buy the game complete though and then sell the rest off.

Thanks Man!  I have the map, just need the empty outer cardboard box... But come to think of it, who would want to let theirs go??
-MG

MotherGunner

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
Quote from: "MotherGunner"

/end rant

OK, I once again don't get it. I didn't know what you meant by ISO, so I said, "I don't get it". I fail to see how that is a jerk response. Is that actually offensive to you? It seems like a %100 neutral comment to me. If that is offensive to you, I'd hate to see what effect actual rudeness would have on your obviously very sensitive psyche.

Dude its all a matter of perception.  I don't feel the same yesterday as I feel today.

Had a bad weekend, did I bring to this forum... Maybe yes.  Did I take it out on you while misunderstanding your comment?  Maybe yes.  To that extent I apologize.

And no I am not crazy.  True, I am an Army veteran, and got shot up with ALOT of anthrax.  Everyone that knows me knows Im one of the least sensitive guys around.  I do have a Type A personality so when someone that I percieve to be rude, is rude, I come back harder.  Other than that I never "start" fights.  

So let's bury the hatchet and move on.  Plus when I meant "jerk"  I didn't necessarily mean you.  You calling me a dick is no problem.  I had s Drill Sergeant father, and a wife that delivered me a beautiful son.  I was called everything but a child of God in that delivery room, so trust me, I can take minor insults.

Friends?
-MG

cavein2000

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 11:54:38 AM »
Yeah, I have the pack in version, I always wanted the regular version though with the map!!  I'm not one to collect the boxes, but that is one of the few games I actually bid about 100 bucks for the complete/unopened version.  Lost the auction but I guess I expected that.  By the way, couldn't find a thing on ebay and Digital Press is up and down right now, I'll look around when I can actually get onto the site.

vestcoat

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »
Hey MotherGunner, I think you're going to have tough time finding this box.  I have collected a list of about two dozen online vendors that carry NEC games, about half of whom stock domestic/US titles and none of them even have the Ys 1-2 in stock, let alone a seperate box.

(After doing some google searches I did find a place that has the disc only for $30.  If anyone is interested, let me know.)

Anyway, I'd recommend two courses of action:

1)  Make some phone calls and emails to the online shops you know of and call any local game stores.  Ask them if they happen to have a loose box lying around.  It appears that videogametrader stocks Ys every couple weeks, ask them  (http://store.videogametrader.com/cmysbookiandii.html).

2)  Doing Google searches I also found a place called Game Trading Zone.  It looks like you can place a wanted ad on there or you could ask the 9 guys willing to trade the game if they'd split with just the box (http://gametz.com/?x&A=Games&availitem=Ys+Book+I+%26+II&attr=NEC+TurboGrafx-CD).

Good luck dude.

MotherGunner

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
Hey MotherGunner, I think you're going to have tough time finding this box.  I have collected a list of about two dozen online vendors that carry NEC games, about half of whom stock domestic/US titles and none of them even have the Ys 1-2 in stock, let alone a seperate box.

(After doing some google searches I did find a place that has the disc only for $30.  If anyone is interested, let me know.)

Anyway, I'd recommend two courses of action:

1)  Make some phone calls and emails to the online shops you know of and call any local game stores.  Ask them if they happen to have a loose box lying around.  It appears that videogametrader stocks Ys every couple weeks, ask them  (http://store.videogametrader.com/cmysbookiandii.html).

2)  Doing Google searches I also found a place called Game Trading Zone.  It looks like you can place a wanted ad on there or you could ask the 9 guys willing to trade the game if they'd split with just the box (http://gametz.com/?x&A=Games&availitem=Ys+Book+I+%26+II&attr=NEC+TurboGrafx-CD).

Good luck dude.

Awesome info, thanks!

Hey speaking of Anthrax....

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,116977,00.html?ESRC=army.nl
-MG

cavein2000

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 02:59:59 PM »
My advice is to keep looking for a complete copy on Ebay, and sell off everything except the box once you win the auction.  If you do it that way, I will buy your map for 25 bucks!!  Keep at it!!

MotherGunner

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2006, 08:44:32 AM »
Quote from: "cavein2000"
My advice is to keep looking for a complete copy on Ebay, and sell off everything except the box once you win the auction.  If you do it that way, I will buy your map for 25 bucks!!  Keep at it!!

Sweet, I will pm you if decide to go for that.
-MG

cavein2000

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 03:55:17 AM »
found one!!

link

I'm actually going to say I'd probably pick up the map from you for 20 shipped if that would be okay, I got a little excited originally.  I might be interested in everything but the box too.  Let me know what you think.  Well see what it ends up going for i guess.  Not sure, actually, does the map fit inside the regular jewel case?  Anyone?

nodtveidt

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 05:11:09 AM »
The map does indeed fit inside the regular jewel case. I know because I have two of them.

...I just don't know where they are anymore. :cry:

cavein2000

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
thanks bro.