Author Topic: Are PC Engine games sealed with a Y-fold?  (Read 893 times)

Gredler

Re: Are PC Engine games sealed with a Y-fold?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »

yxlplig

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 10:04:04 AM »
Ok, this is clearly fake once you open it up. It says PCE Works on the disc itself and on the back of the manual. The white plastic tray is all wrong. The paper everything is printed on is different and so on. I still think whoever makes these is a bit of a prick for not putting such markings on the outside of the packaging.

A shrinkwrap seal, or specifically a potential re-seal is not definitive proof of a fake game. Without a known original to compare to and without opening the game, the strongest tell that this was fake is that the manual is a little too thick and the cd tray was maybe a little too white.

MrBroadway

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Hopefully you only payed $50 for it...

yxlplig

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 10:24:42 AM »
I don't intentionally buy sealed games and very rarely buy games one at a time. It was part of a large lot and was the only sealed game. Obviously this thing looks suspicious but if you saw the other games that were part of this lot I think anyone would entertain the possibility that this game could be real.

geise

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
Please tell me you bought the lot cause it had a bunch of other stuff, not just cause it had Dracula X. Please burn anything you have that says pce works. Don't help spread the virus.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Kaimega

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 04:41:34 AM »
Lot or not, that is depressing that, not only these still are in large circulation, but that there are still some sellers won't actually state if the copy is legitimate or not :(

SignOfZeta

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 05:34:39 AM »
What's amazing to me is that these boots aren't even that old and already people are getting them in lots not knowing what they are. Don't any of these people own a game for more than a month?

I'm imagining right now a science fiction story where a...social disease...figures out how to live on musty paper for a while thereby making it possible for a massive explosion of both evolution and population in the basements and closets and mancaves and convention halls and pawn shops and post offices and comic shops and more because of how rapidly these kids cycle through their collections.

Keep it in your pants guys for f*cks sake. I DONT WANT TO GET "THE PONG"!

("The Pong" is a Videogame Transmitted Disease and like most VTDs is transmitted by unprotected game-to-game contact. The best way to avoid VTDs is to never buy any games. If you've bought lots of games and don't have any VTDs now, stop buying games. If you must buy games then keep it to a minimum (ie: no cruising for "sets"). Be straightforward with any "clients". Explain to them honestly how much collecting you've done and how much your collection has been around before any exchange of games or game-to-game contact. If you must exchange lots examine each game individually for signs of VTDs and consider using a dental dam.)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 05:47:55 AM »
Heh, post of the week.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Lost Monkey

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »
Heh, post of the week.

Just about any week!

esteban

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
DAT PONG, though.

DAT PONG is worth it.

|    | 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 06:03:09 PM »
("The Pong" is a Videogame Transmitted Disease and like most VTDs is transmitted by unprotected game-to-game contact. The best way to avoid VTDs is to never buy any games. If you've bought lots of games and don't have any VTDs now, stop buying games. If you must buy games then keep it to a minimum (ie: no cruising for "sets"). Be straightforward with any "clients". Explain to them honestly how much collecting you've done and how much your collection has been around before any exchange of games or game-to-game contact. If you must exchange lots examine each game individually for signs of VTDs and consider using a dental dam.)
Easy dealt with, keep them sealed for protection. Also, don't buy used games.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no