Author Topic: A 100$ f*cking SNES SF2 repro  (Read 2608 times)

xelement5x

Re: A 100$ f*cking SNES SF2 repro
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 05:51:51 AM »
This much worse than Capcom or another classic publisher doing this. It's just another one of these collectard industry companies which makes some extra garbage to repackage goods with, so they can sell it as limited collectors editions.

The fact that Capcom is willing to accept a licensing fee from a bootlegger who is admittedly using parts that they believe will fry your console and burn down your house is what's troubling. Because Capcom will be making much more profit from this than if they were to physically publish an old cart game themselves. If they get paid upfront, then it doesn't matter if this is successful or not, it's going to get every bootlegger and indy publisher applying to license the rights to all kinds of old games and retail them for more than CIB copies currently sell for.

It's easy money for owners of old catalogs that they don't give a shit about.

If they actually license it.  Piko Interactive has had some luck getting older IPs licensed but having the company still around makes it a lot easier.  Look at stuff like  older JP groups that go out of business, get sold to another holder, which goes out of business and who knows where the IP still lives. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SignOfZeta

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 06:02:15 AM »
This is how a lot of weird records get issued. Like, a 45RPM pressing of Peter Gabriel's So with no cover art limited to 500 copies or that surprisingly great audiophile LP version of the Bulitt OST that came out a few years ago. Some companies exist just to reproduce something in different form...which, again, I'm totally fine with it done in a certain way but I don't think this is that.

seieienbu

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 06:27:57 AM »
I think this is mostly something that won't make Capcom much money and is just a thing they think is fun to do for the 30th anniversary.  I wouldn't buy it as my old copy is good enough but I personally know a couple of guys already who have already bought it.

As for the youtube idiot?  I am 100% convinced that he bought subs and views.  He's a rumor regurgitator and has a mediocre collection that he stands in front of.  I watched two more of his relatively more popular videos and I don't think that I need to see more.  "I got a Sega Holy Grail!  It's a CDX!"  "I think I'm going for a 32X Complete Set.  I'll do cart only.  I just picked up MK2 and WWF."  I just don't see how anything this guy says is interesting enough to warrant the views/subs.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 07:03:58 AM »
Saw this yesterday in my email feed.

It sounds. Different?

However it may cause damage when used or a fire?  And they blame a 30 year old system?

This really isn't for me based on MSRP, potential for damaging my property, and SF II? Not turbo or any other SNES revision of the game but the slow first one that isn't very good?

csgx1

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
I'm a huge Street Fighter II fan, but no way I would buy this for any price.   $100 for snes SFII World Warrior repro is insane.  Definitely made specifically for collectards.

Bought the original snes SFII for $80 when released and played the shit out of it until CE/Turbo/SE versions were released.  I can't remember the last time I've played snes SFII World Warrior, but I've never had the urge to play it after better SFII versions/ports came out.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »
Yeah, there's a reason this is a one yen game. They made millions and they made two better sequels that also sold millions.

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 08:19:49 AM »
It's price is a joke but really they picked it over for SFII turbo or even SFII Super !? Id rather play those versions instead then the slow ass of the original SFII.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

gex

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
"make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby"

Yeaah ok :lol:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
At $100 you'd think they could afford to use the right gear.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gex

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
At $100 you'd think they could afford to use the right gear.
Yeah like a fire extinguisher so I don't loose my house playing Street Fighter

gex

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:45 AM »
Maybe that's on its way next, Capcom can't surprise me anymore

xelement5x

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »
Maybe that's on its way next, Capcom can't surprise me anymore

Lol, that's the LE.  It comes bundles with a mini-extinguisher to put out errant hadoukens as well.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
So an extinguisher instead of an energy drink.

To take the place of the rubber stake dildo, I'm hoping it comes (so to speak) with a Chun Li fleshlight.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »
To take the place of the rubber stake dildo, I'm hoping it comes (so to speak) with a Chun Li fleshlight.

Sign me up for this raffle ^^

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
Nothing will top the Virtual Cushion ass vibrator when it comes to random fighting game accessories.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum