Author Topic: WTB Philips CD-i Sega Controller Adapter  (Read 617 times)

HailingTheThings

WTB Philips CD-i Sega Controller Adapter
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »
Hello. A friend of mine found a working CD-i in his closet. It has a Sega adapter with it, but it doesn't work. So I totally need a working Sega adapter or a decently priced controller. Might even settle for the crappy presentation thing, idk. We just really wanna eff around with this thing. lol

...or maybe someone would be interested in trying to fix the adapter I already have?

Please help if can do.

<3

in99flames

Re: WTB Philips CD-i Sega Controller Adapter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »
Which model cdi?
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

HailingTheThings

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

in99flames

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »
Hmm....ill see what I got at home. Im In canada until next Thursday.
I am somebody's mommy!

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 05:47:12 AM »
The Sega-> CDI adapters are a funky thing, because it's not just a passthrough like so many others.  The conversion box actually has a chip with logic in it to interpret the signals and send it back out to the CDI.  If yours was working I'd say you have quite a valuable commodity because CDI controllers seem to be worth more than the systems at this point for the most part. 

I know a bit about them but haven't personally built one, I had a copy of the original files to build them that were released long ago but god knows where it is now. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

schnuth

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 08:53:19 AM »
I bought a SNES to CDi adapter for my 910 off a seller on AtariAge about maybe a year ago. You might want to check over there.

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
I bought a SNES to CDi adapter for my 910 off a seller on AtariAge about maybe a year ago. You might want to check over there.

Are you talking about this thread?
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/257266-interest-check-cd-i-controller-adapter/
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

HailingTheThings

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »
Hmm....ill see what I got at home. Im In canada until next Thursday.

Okay, sir. Thanks.

The Sega-> CDI adapters are a funky thing, because it's not just a passthrough like so many others.  The conversion box actually has a chip with logic in it to interpret the signals and send it back out to the CDI.  If yours was working I'd say you have quite a valuable commodity because CDI controllers seem to be worth more than the systems at this point for the most part. 

I know a bit about them but haven't personally built one, I had a copy of the original files to build them that were released long ago but god knows where it is now. 

Yeah, I wish it worked, would save me some trouble. My friend can't remember if it ever worked. He can't even remember how or when he got the console. lol He used to work at a game store and would just get stuff all the time and he'd just toss it in the closet.

Do you have a CD-i?

Sounds like an option. I'll keep this in mind after hearing back from in99flames.

in99flames

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Dont hold your breath for me though. I dont think i have anything extra but im not 100 percent sure. Ill definitely check when i get home :-)
I am somebody's mommy!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
Dont hold your breath for me though. I dont think i have anything extra but im not 100 percent sure. Ill definitely check when i get home :-)

Kk.

xelement5x

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 02:53:18 AM »
I have a couple 450s but only like one controller among them.  Hence my own interest in the adapters since the controllers are so expensive at this point. 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
I have a couple 450s but only like one controller among them.  Hence my own interest in the adapters since the controllers are so expensive at this point.

Would you be interested in monkeying with my sega adapter? For all I know it works, but the CD-i controller port is messed up maybe. lol

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »

Yes, CDi controllers are worth far more than the systems themselves at this point.
--DragonmasterDan