Author Topic: Do you expect me to talk?  (Read 417 times)

Punch

Do you expect me to talk?
« on: September 17, 2017, 04:37:30 PM »
The mod "Goldfinger 64" has been released and it's a blast! I spend the whole weekend playing through it through an emulator with keyboard+mouse movement. Aside from some levels being poorly designed it is a great package, and it does feel like something Rare could have had released soon after Goldeneye for the N64. BTW it runs on a real console via Everdrive.

I mean, it's the whole goldfinger movie plus Dr. No and For Russia With Love bonus levels, what more could you possibly want from this? A whole new campaign, new characters, weapons, vehicles, a level where you drive your Aston Martin in the Alps... go download it right now. http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=349

This follows the movie well.

I'm serious, it does, Oddjob doesn't go after his stuck hat like the movie (probably limitations of the game) but you kill him similarly.

Some levels are poorly design and sometimes too large (it's not very suited to a game that has low draw distance) but it's a must play. Honest!

I told you sometimes levels are huge. This one is the "outside Fort Knox" level and you drive a US tank in a large neighborhood.

Look at how they recreated the Dr. No film set. Damn beautiful.

Punch

Re: Do you expect me to talk?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »
PCEFX disappoints me.

esteban

Do you expect me to talk?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 12:17:51 AM »
I was too old when this came out for the _____ and was playing Solitaire on a Wintel.

Sorry, comrade. 

I do think that “finger” belongs in the title of many, many video games, though.

It is a shame that this lonely word isn’t used more often.

Microsoft Solitaire: Vegas Fingers Edition
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:20:06 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:14:58 AM »
My 64 is out of the rotation atm I will add this to the everdrive before I hook it back up.  it's just the 64 is a dragggg.  there are like 5-6 games I REALLY like and the rest are just garbage.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 01:49:05 AM »
Oh, so there are GE007 hacks that aren't just made out of recycled old levels thrown randomly together, crappy language mission briefings and horrible ear piercing music?
How refreshing.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:52:57 AM »
It looks cool but I doubt I am going to get a Everdrive 64 any time soon.

Though I'm reminded Black Friday is around the corner, may need to get a new thing around then...
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

crazydean

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 06:38:27 AM »
Is there a way to get a full, patched ROM? I'm too dumb to do these things on my own.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

blueraven

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

blueraven

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
But seriously, I played so much of Goldeneye back in the day that I would enjoy running through each one of the levels.

We had this thing in high school where my friends older brother would have like 6 people over on the lunchbreak and they would all play for $5-20 a match. I've never seen such a learning curve on a pre-COD game.

...still laughing Punch :lol:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
So I saw some Graslu00 videos of that game.
The outdoor areas aren't looking nice. They feel like the South Park FPS game on N64, which is not a good thing.
The weaponry looks and sounds nice.
The storyline of the two movies do not fit very well into a game like this. If I think of the GoldenEye movie, it was much more suitable for being converted into a FPS. I'm not fond of the sections were you had to go long lengths for talking to some persons. They felt like the boring bank level of The World Is Not Enough on N64.

The nuclear plant level was looking good, but it's rather lengthy. GE007 did a good job of converting the movie's places into a believeable level architecture that also plays well and is compact in size. Goldfinger 64 doesn't.

Still, it's much better than any GE hack I've seen before.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:35:54 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

crazydean

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 06:32:34 AM »
That does seem to be the major drawback of the game: large levels. That's the only reason I'm taking so long to start a new level. There's just so much to sift through.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.