Author Topic: Anyone ever play Yu Yu Hakusho?  (Read 254 times)

lukester

Anyone ever play Yu Yu Hakusho?
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
Edit: Oops, please move this to console chat...

24 megs of power on the Genesis! Probably the most fun fighting game I've ever played!

Has a ton of features for a 16-bit fighter too. I'm not a huge Genesis fan but this game is really special.

-double jump
-fatal fury plane switching
-dashing
-juggles
-unlimited desperation moves (as long as you have spirit energy)

The coolest part is definitely the 4 player battles. Or if you're by yourself you can do really cool challenges like trying to take on 3 other characters at once. It's an awesome way to get more difficulty since the main game is really easy.

It's also essential if you're a fan of the show. There's lots of cool animations that give the characters their same personalities. Moves are also similar, like how Sensui only attacks with kicks, and how Chu's throw is a headbutt. Jin the wind demon is weak but can literally fly in the air for at least 10 seconds

It's by Treasure, and gameplay wise is a prequel to Guardian Heroes if you like that a lot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:34:54 PM by lukester »

SignOfZeta

Re: Anyone ever play Yu Yu Hakusho?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
I liked it, but once I got Guardian Heroes...I haven't missed it. :)

BTW before anyone is turned off by "Fatal Fury style plane switching", don't be. Its not like that. You can actually control it in these games.

gilbert

Re: Anyone ever play Yu Yu Hakusho?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
Edit: Oops, please move this to console chat...
I was about to point this out until I saw the edit. I was confused at first, at why you didn't talk about the PCE version instead, though I admit that the PCE version was a bit... odd.