Author Topic: Recommend a Nintendo Switch Game(s).  (Read 488 times)

Medic_wheat

Recommend a Nintendo Switch Game(s).
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:32:08 AM »
Well I walked into a Target (Tar Jay) yesterday for infant baby whips and do dads and ended up getting a Nintendo Switch. Matio Oddosy Edition.

So now that I have a Switch. Let’s make a game list.

I have:

Retro City DX
Mario oddosy (digital download code boo)
Zelda BOW

Interedted:
I am Setsuna (import)
Mario Kart Delux

Not really sure what else.

Preferably physical only.

So with that said. Suggest away.

sirhcman

Re: Recommend a Nintendo Switch Game(s).
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »
I think you pretty much got it covered

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 03:37:08 AM »
You pretty much have the same games I have. lol I suggest the Wonderboy 3 remake and Blaster Master Zero. Pretty good games for digital downloads. Didn't really like the new Bomberman game much, might just sell it...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:57:33 AM »
I'd want Bomberman because of the bee and so I'd have something more than just Zelda to play.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 06:11:35 AM »
Got kids? Get Arms. (and an extra set of JoyCons).

Also, Splatoon 2 is really great. They just released a Snipperclips Deluxe version in physical form, so pick that up if you like playing co-op puzzle games. It's great for yelling at your significant other for being a dumbass. ;)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »
pokken tournament fighter kicks tits.  get it.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 06:44:45 AM »

There are a surprising amount of exclusives on the system right now;
Golf Story
- Fun little RPG that the story and quests revolve around golf
Kamiko - Top down view action puzzle game. Cheap and easy to get into.
Mario & Rabbids - Turn Based Strategy game that is a lot like X-Com. Super cute. and fun gameplay
Splatoon 2 Third Person shooter where you aim for the ground as much as other players. There is actually a really fun single player to this, a very addictive and easy to get into online player vs player mode, and a pretty rad mode where you join 3 other players to combat rounds of AI enemies.
Super Bomberman R This game had shitty reviews when it came out, but has since been patched a bunch of times, and I enjoy it a lot. It's as fun as ever to bust out for mutliplayer, and the campaign is 2 player co-op. What's really nice is you can play 2 player with 1 switch because you only need half a joycon.
SnipperClippers Another bad ass co-op experience that you can play with 1 set of controllers

There are a lot of great multi-platform games on the system too
Puyo Puyo Tetris - This version is bad ass because it's a solid version of Puyo, and of tetris, but also includes some sweet mashup versions where you play both simultanously or both switching back and forward between the two types. Bad ass, and playable 2 player with 1 set of joycons
Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap - Runs great on the switch, not sure why you'd want this on another platform since it looks the same and plays the same, except you can take it with you or play it off screen.
Sonic Mania - Another game that runs the same on switch as it does on the other platforms
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - Again, runs the same on switch
Blaster Master DX - Port of 3ds game which is a new blastermaster game; looks and plays great on the switch
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:06:31 AM by Gredler »

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 07:19:14 AM »
I saw word that LimitedRunGames may actually do a physical of Golf Story.  Reviews on it have been interesting.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
I saw word that LimitedRunGames may actually do a physical of Golf Story.  Reviews on it have been interesting.

I heard they are doing Switch games. I don’t think they have announced what titles though.

W

jtucci31

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »

Mario oddosy

In all honesty, I really want to get Stardew Valley for Switch but am holding out for a physical version.

Golf Story was pretty cool for the week leading up to Mario Odyssey, I'll get back to it eventually.

But also, isn't there already a Switch thread?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 04:03:50 AM »
I recommend most of the same that has already been recommended, so I have nothing of use to add to this chat.  However, I can second titles like Bomberman R, Shovel Knight, Wonder Boy, and Blaster Master Zero.

I played through the entire storyline of Bomberman and found it to be delightful, while not exactly as good as our beloved Obey, SNES, or Saturn releases, but it's shitloads of fun regardless.

Shovel Knight, Wonder Boy, and BMZ, are all digital only as of this post.  :)  Would buy again for physical. 

Also, go for the cheap Neo ports of Waku Waku and other fun SNK titles, having properly emulated versions on the go is great!!  Also, the switch screen is leagues better than any other handheld.

lukester

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 04:05:19 AM »
I wouldn't recommend Arms. Most of my friends didn't care for it either.

If you can, pick up a cheap copy of Street Fighter II. The online is still active.