Author Topic: WTB: PC Engine Duo-R Power Switch  (Read 549 times)

LowRes

WTB: PC Engine Duo-R Power Switch
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:34:27 AM »
Hey guys, I lost my power switch while the system was laying around open for a long time during a repair.  If anybody has an extra one laying around please let me know.  I'd be happy to pay for the switch and somebody's time for mailing it to me.

Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

LowRes

Re: WTB: PC Engine Duo-R Power Switch
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:05:37 AM »
I'm pretty desperate lol If I have to buy a complete non working system just for the power switch I will!

Hope somebody can help

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 04:09:44 AM »
I don't have one. But out of curiosity: Are you looking for the electrical switch itself, or the plastic button cover?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

LowRes

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:47:11 AM »
I don't have one. But out of curiosity: Are you looking for the electrical switch itself, or the plastic button cover?

luckily just the plastic button cover.  So I can still use the system but for cosmetic reasons I'd like to track down this part. 

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 05:52:41 AM »
I'd suggest sending Keith Courage a PM, he helped me back then when I wanted to buy PC Engine Duo Power switch and CD drive plastic button covers.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
Also maybe it's possible to 3D print one?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

LowRes

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 04:18:30 AM »

I would have no idea how to do that :( and I imagine you would need one in order to 3D print one?

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »

I would have no idea how to do that :( and I imagine you would need one in order to 3D print one?

Yeah, you'd need someone with an original to make a model of it based on the original.  I just realized you are talking about an R, and I have an RX so I'd guess it would be the same.  If I remember right the switch is a pretty simple piece of plastic.

I have personally done only a little bit of 3D modeling but I know a couple people that do 3D model designs, so it might be easier for them.  Next time I see them I could ask if they'd be willing to help if I pulled out my original switch.  It would still cost you a bit for the filament and time to get it printed but it could work if you're willing to overlook the fact that it's not "original".
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 08:58:53 AM »
Check with jelloslug.  He's done lots of nice 3D printed parts, and while I don't remember him specifically having done power switches, you might get lucky.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

LowRes

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »

Yeah, you'd need someone with an original to make a model of it based on the original.  I just realized you are talking about an R, and I have an RX so I'd guess it would be the same.  If I remember right the switch is a pretty simple piece of plastic.

I have personally done only a little bit of 3D modeling but I know a couple people that do 3D model designs, so it might be easier for them.  Next time I see them I could ask if they'd be willing to help if I pulled out my original switch.  It would still cost you a bit for the filament and time to get it printed but it could work if you're willing to overlook the fact that it's not "original".

If that's not too much trouble for you, it would be greatly appreciated.  I don't mind paying whatever the cost as long as it's not more than buying a non working duo R just for the power switch lol

The other problem with me buying another non working duo R is I wouldn't be able to help myself and would end up fixing that one too, then still be short a power switch :)

LowRes

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 10:02:14 AM »
Check with jelloslug.  He's done lots of nice 3D printed parts, and while I don't remember him specifically having done power switches, you might get lucky.

I sent him a PM.  Thanks for the suggestion!

It turns out he can make it for me if we can borrow the switch from somebody.  So I guess I'm now asking if we can borrow somebody's Duo R switch!

If anybody can help please PM me or Jelloslug
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:39:39 AM by LowRes »

xelement5x

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

I sent him a PM.  Thanks for the suggestion!

It turns out he can make it for me if we can borrow the switch from somebody.  So I guess I'm now asking if we can borrow somebody's Duo R switch!

If anybody can help please PM me or Jelloslug

I talked to my friend about it and they said they would be willing to try and make a duplicate for me.  I need to open up my system and pull it out so they can use it make a new one.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 03:27:29 AM »
Is it the same as an RX switch?  If so, I can offer mine for borrowing for modeling.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles