Author Topic: PCE Magical Chase Price Check  (Read 402 times)

TR0N

PCE Magical Chase Price Check
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
Recommended price to sell a pce magical chase for ? I've seen it go high on ebay but i'm not sure if that's accurate.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

HailingTheThings

Re: PCE Magical Chase Price Check
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »
$100 - $150 + complimentary toaster bc *friday.

*black

turboswimbz

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
Yeah, there are only crazy high ones up now. 

Last one I saw a few weeks ago one sold for $280 via Evil-bay Auction.  The going rate appears to be between $250 - $300.

Edit:  I'm a jerk realized that was 280 not 180 . . .jeez
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:07:53 PM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

seieienbu

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
It looks like if you're selling on ebay you'd try to get $400 but, wow, that seems ridiculous for a Japanese copy of the game.  The cheapest one in the recently sold listings is $285 for a real auction but there are several non BIN sales that are approximately $400.  Last I looked I remember it going for a bit over $100 but that may have been a long while ago. 

If my fancy college-boy book-learnin' is to be believed then I would imagine that the reason the PCE version is so expensive is that the US version's price went through the roof and caused a halo effect.  I seem to recall it not being a rare game at all but I definitely could be wrong on that.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:20:50 AM »
Everyone snubbed Magical Chase GB until the Turbo version started selling for thousands. Then all of the sudden everyone demanded to pay exponentially more for all of the versions that aren't nearly as rare, nor had suddenly become more rare.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turboswimbz

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
Everyone snubbed Magical Chase GB until the Turbo version started selling for thousands. Then all of the sudden everyone demanded to pay exponentially more for all of the versions that aren't nearly as rare, nor had suddenly become rarer.

I remember when I first looked at them about 9-10 yrs ago and you get the PCE version for $80 and the GB version for $5-$20 USD off E-bay.  Since then both versions now have multiple booties and both have over tripled in price. The cheapest GB is $40 and the cheapest PCE is a $400 BIN.  Of course, the number of people buying these things has probably increased quite a bit as well . . . oh well.     
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:17:20 PM by turboswimbz »
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

TR0N

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »
Thanks for the input all.I will edit my other selling thread and sell it here then.I'm to paranoid as of late sell it on ebay with the scammers and all for buyers.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Yamazaki

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 05:28:39 AM »
probably too late but Japanese retro shops sell it for like 40 Yen.

most auctions are between 30-40k depending on condition.