Author Topic: WTB: IDE hard drives  (Read 963 times)

bartre

WTB: IDE hard drives
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:57:56 PM »
hey guys.

I find my self in need of a handful of IDE hard drives.
I need the full size 3.5" drives, but capacity isn't terribly important, as long as it's 50+GB

bartre

Re: WTB: IDE hard drives
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:27:43 AM »
Dick pics sent

xelement5x

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »
How many do you need? And what are they for? I may be able to hook you up.

I am going to guess, given the specific specs, that he trying to get rid of a lot of phatty PS2s by using a broadband adapter and IDE hard drive.  Slap in some FreeMcBoot with HDLoader and you've got a solid pirate setup.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

bartre

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:12:42 PM »
I am going to guess, given the specific specs, that he trying to get rid of a lot of phatty PS2s by using a broadband adapter and IDE hard drive.  Slap in some FreeMcBoot with HDLoader and you've got a solid pirate setup.

partially correct.
they're for PS2s and Xboxes.
I've been doing more LAN type setups and I don't feel like buying multiple copies of a game just to have them take up space.

ColinM

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 01:55:47 AM »
If you are still looking I have at least 3 or 4. I have to check what size they are though.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 02:18:55 AM »
I might have some old maxtor drives at work. Let me know if you are interested.

soop

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:13:52 AM »
err, complete thread hijack, but I don't suppose you've ever worked on a PS2 and had the controller port ribbon cable screw up?  For some reason, mine came loose and will not for the love of god remain back in place.  It's like some magical, intangible part has gone missing between the ribbon and the clip.  I've ordered some replacement cables, just in case that helps, but f*ck knows what happened.

exodus

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 06:00:54 AM »
I missed this thread, I gave away 15 to the electronic recycling place a month ago. whooooops

Punch

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 06:54:52 AM »
There's a way to put a SATA adapter into the PS2 broadband adapter isn't it? I recall reading about it somewhere.

err, complete thread hijack, but I don't suppose you've ever worked on a PS2 and had the controller port ribbon cable screw up?  For some reason, mine came loose and will not for the love of god remain back in place.  It's like some magical, intangible part has gone missing between the ribbon and the clip.  I've ordered some replacement cables, just in case that helps, but f*ck knows what happened.

The intangible part between the ribbon and the clip is the machine used to plug 1000 ribbons a second. :lol: