Author Topic: Looking For Info On Bullshit PS2 LCD Monitor  (Read 398 times)

Gypsy

Looking For Info On Bullshit PS2 LCD Monitor
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
I have the interact one and I'm trying to find the exact requirements for the power adapter. All I know for sure is that it's 12V.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: Looking For Info On Bullshit PS2 LCD Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:28:04 AM »
12 V DC is a given as you say, since these were often intended to be used within cars. And since this is a rather recent device, one could almost safely assume the polarity of the barrel jack would be center positive - as mostly older devices dating back up into the very early 90s would sometimes use center negative.

Just out of curiosity, is there any kind of indication on the label that says anything about the current that the device demands? I wouldn't be surprised if it ranges somewhere between 1.5 and 2 amps at 12 V.

If you have calipers at your disposal, you could also measure the diameter of the socket and the inner tip.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:33:23 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Gypsy

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »
There is actually an indicator that it is center positive on it, but nothing about the amperage. I was hoping maybe someone else just has one of these and still has the power supply. There is one on eBay but the pic isn't good enough to discern much out of. I can't imagine it's using too many amps, so some generic switching power supply should be fine I'd think. Looks like a fairly standard plug size too.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »
I think I saw that same photo on Ebay as you did. Too bad it was just a little bit too small to identify the power supply's specs on it.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

bartre

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
Well supplying too much amperage won't cause any trouble (as far as I know at least)
so I'd just run to salvation army and see what they got.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »
The more the better. That thing’s probably pretty hungry.