Author Topic: streaming services  (Read 1371 times)

bob

streaming services
« on: February 06, 2018, 02:23:28 PM »
i have netflix and amazon and i love them both.
What is on hulu that i NEED to watch?  Justifying a subscription.

SignOfZeta

Re: streaming services
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 02:29:47 PM »
Well, when one of the shows you’re watching leaves one of the services as you are watching it for one you don’t subscribe to you may want more services.

I have Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu and I still watch more discs, pirated shit, and YouTube.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »
I only use Netflix and CraveTV.

I torrent the rest or watch dvd and blurays that are worth owning.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MNKyDeth

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Netflix and Amazon only here.

Other stuff I want to watch we buy the discs.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 04:11:43 PM »
I'll look into it. Never heard of future man.

Bloufo

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »
Can't access Hulu or Amazon over here without using a paid DNS service to bypass the geo restrictions.
Used to have a Netflix sub, but outside the US the content is quite lacking.
If you block us from accessing your particular service or neuter it as compared to other regions, then, in this day and age, there are other options.

So, currently using the Terrarium TV apk. That's one of the better ones out there.
All the movies and shows one could want.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »
I wish VRV.co would stop being US-only, so I could actually support channels like Cartoon Hangover and continue watching Bravest Warriors and Bee & Puppycat.

Until then, I occasionally watch Crunchyoll with ads, mainly for Kobayashi-san's Dragon Maid and batshit insane 5-minute-shorts like Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth-Life, Donyatsu and Miss Monochrome. With the latter ones mentioned, the sum of ads played in advance is sometimes longer than the acutal content.

Other than that, it's blu-ray and DVD for me.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 02:55:18 AM »
The idea of proxies sounds nice in theory.
Once you try to use them for video streaming, you'll soon know why they aren't doing it. They are usually slow as molasses and may result in additional trouble once you try logging into some sites. Good luck.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

jordan_hillman

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 03:32:37 AM »
i have netflix and amazon and i love them both.
What is on hulu that i NEED to watch?  Justifying a subscription.

For Hulu, Saved by the Bell: The College Years
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Gypsy

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 03:49:56 AM »
The idea of proxies sounds nice in theory.
Once you try to use them for video streaming, you'll soon know why they aren't doing it. They are usually slow as molasses and may result in additional trouble once you try logging into some sites. Good luck.

This is very very true.

xelement5x

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 04:51:09 AM »
We have Netflix which is what we mainly use.  Amazon which is more of a bonus since we mainly got it for the shipping, and CrunchyRoll, since my wife and I are weebs who watch a lot of anime. 

Have debated HULU many a time, but can't pull the trigger.  The concept of paying for content but still having to watch ads as well rubs me the wrong way.

We had HBO Now during Game of Thrones, but cancelled it until WestWorld comes out again.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

bob

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 05:22:40 AM »
We have Netflix which is what we mainly use.  Amazon which is more of a bonus since we mainly got it for the shipping, and CrunchyRoll, since my wife and I are weebs who watch a lot of anime. 

Have debated HULU many a time, but can't pull the trigger.  The concept of paying for content but still having to watch ads as well rubs me the wrong way.

We had HBO Now during Game of Thrones, but cancelled it until WestWorld comes out again.

hulu has commercials???  lol
you just made my decision. 

Bloufo

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 06:30:25 AM »

hulu has commercials???  lol
you just made my decision. 

I think one can opt to take a sub that eliminates all ads. Pretty sure you do have that option. Not sure how much extra for that, though.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:11:14 AM »
$7.99 with "limited" ads or $11.99 for no ads.

There's some cell carriers that give you free access to netflix, hulu, etc.  It might be worth switching if you want the streaming too, though none of it interests me all that much.  Being the cheap ass that I am, I don't pay for separate internet service (just the phone); streaming would be nice, but the cost of the service plus the cost of home internet would pay for an awful lot of DVDs in a year's time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:14:05 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
You pay to get rid of the commercials. There are no ads on my Hulu. There may be some mid-grade service but I don’t know what the point of that would be. You have to be a complete tool to watch ads in 2018.

I’ve had Netflix for about 12 years I think. I’m less happy with it every year. They blew all their cash starting a network war and now they have 100 shows of their own I don’t care about (78 of which are about standup or are standup) and almost nothing else. Their selection of classics, foreign language, silent, anime, etc, the majority of what I want, is terrible, and by “terrible” I mean I can only find four black and white movies at any time, that kind of thing. All the great DVDs they had from that boom era have all been scratched so even with a disc plan you are pretty much limited to newer releases.

Which is why I still buy most of the stuff I actually want to see on disc. As paid shill Nulity has pointed out you generally can’t buy a lot of steaming shows. You need Netflix to get that 4K fireplace video, that thing is really good. I also enjoyed Lady Dynamite a lot.