Author Topic: CD games on a Tubro Express  (Read 1412 times)

NightWolve

Re: CD games on a Tubro Express
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 06:56:20 AM »
OK so it turns out someone is working on an HuCard form factor Everdrive-like device that can run the CDs. Not sure if its been mentioned here before:

He really solved that level of technical hurdle or is toying with people with yet another Raspberry PI hack stuffed in a TE/GT ?

I already saw this from either turbokon or Jodi W. with the 3.5" LCD upgrade as well as running CD games off a PI, but yeah, they were clear about what it was and wasn't.

My gut tells me you can't do that from our tech guys' post history and from the Turbo Everdrive creator who stated it wasn't possible for something even like loading a CD game image from a flash HuCard with Duo hardware as I recall.

Moreover, he doesn't actually flip over his unit in the video to show you the alleged prototype... Not much info in the YouTube description either. I'll be persuaded when "I'm allowed" to see it...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:13:55 AM by NightWolve »

PCEngineTrev

Re: CD games on a Tubro Express
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »
Yeah its could well be a hoax, not sure what they have to gain in trolling the PCE/TG community, but if youre bored I guess....

Smokemonster thinks it could well be legit, but the fact that the creator is reluctant to post anything other then a couple of short videos is a bit sketchy.