Author Topic: Another ho hum topic...PC-FX GA DOS/V for sale! :-D  (Read 933 times)

Keranu

Re: Another ho hum topic...PC-FX GA DOS/V for sale! :-D
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 11:18:28 AM »
That's a good deal from what I know, I think. I'd get it if I knew how to code, but I am afraid I don't :( . I am always interested in seeing PC-FX development though.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Bonknuts

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 11:26:09 AM »
There's also the issue of having a PC with a 16bit ISA slot.

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 03:20:36 AM »
What's wrong with sniping? I always snipe and I always will. It is nearly impossible to win something (popular) without sniping.

nodtveidt

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 07:08:28 AM »
Sniping is unethical and allows shitheads to get items they won't ever use for anything except a bargaining chip elsewhere.

FM-77

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 01:17:46 AM »
It is not unethical. Everybody gets to bid.

If you're ready to bid more than you have, but don't want to snipe - just make a higher bid in the first place. The sniper might not win the item.

Example:

The opening bid is 1 dollar

You bid 2 dollars (therefore it remains at 1 dollar)

Nobody bids

A sniper bids three dollars. He wins it at 2 dollars.

If your bid would've been at 20 dollars, the sniper would've lost, because his bid was at 3 dollars.

There was some site explaining why snipers are awesome, but I don't remember the link.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 04:11:44 AM »
I wont pay for anything over $50 unless its a paypal payment or the seller has a feedback rating as high as mine on ebay. Too many people get ripped off by sellers who only accept money order payments.

peperocket

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 10:12:24 AM »
Do you guys NOT want a devkit? I would assume you're the only hotbed of home-brew activity for a console like this. Isn't $149 a reasonable price?

I buy one on yahoo auction at 6500Y and must add 7000Y for shipping.
149$ seems to be a good price but don't seem be possible to program games with the software coming with it.
You must buy gmaker who seem to be very hard to find.
Gmaker must be C but PC-FX coding stay obscure since all homebrew scene coming from japan.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »
I thought you could make your own games on PC-FX without the card, you just needed GMAKER or something like that...

FM-77

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 04:41:11 AM »
I thought you could make your own games on PC-FX without the card, you just needed GMAKER or something like that...

Yeah but having the card lets you run PC-FX software directly through your computer. A lot easier than burning discs all the time for debugging, etc.

endingman

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »
Sold it.
Good, fast, cheap...pick any two...the third will be the antonym of its namesake...it's a fact of life...at least, in my line of work...