Author Topic: I think I may have just ruined my authentic turbografx experience.  (Read 1641 times)

NightWolve

Re: I think I may have just ruined my authentic turbografx experience.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 05:36:38 AM »
GameCube controllers do suck. That's why I have an adapter to use a PS2 controller.
How much are the Russians paying you to sow discord on the American internet? Too much, apparently, nobody will believe you’re real. You just created a dichotomy out of thin air that couldn’t possibly have any organic origin. This is just shit starting, here.

:lol:

Groover

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 05:43:11 AM »
What about an arcade Stick to use with the Wii? Any good suggestions for the Wii?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »
I use the Tatsunoko vs Capcom fight stick. No complaints.

Keith Courage

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »
I got a ps2 shadow blade arcade stick that I use with a PlayStation to gamecube adapter.

Something I should mention is that I've tested two different kinds of playstation to gamecube controller adapters and only ps2 controllers work with it. Meaning a ps1 arcade stick will not work. I've also tested two different types of ps1 arcade sticks to verify this.

blueraven

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
So, I recently got myself a nintendo wii, got a component cable, and loaded up wiimednafen with a few TG16 games.

OMG does it look good and the emulation is so dam accurate! I can't really tell the difference over the real thing. I am using the 240P mode on a SD CRT so yes it has scanlines. I even think the picture is slightly better than component out of a real system. The only downfall might be that I think it has a minimal amount of lag but that could just be my imagination and the controller I am using. This is the most accurate TG16 emulation running 240P for an SD CRT I've ever seen.

Because of this it brings up these questions.

Why own real hardware?
Why own real games?
Why bother with a Super SD system 3 when a wii can emulate the CD drive perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has seen/used the Tg16 wii emulation and possibly thought the same thing.

Is this real?
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

blueraven

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2018, 11:44:37 PM »
I still prefer it all on my PVM or CRT.

I really can't stand the Wii, its the only console I've ever avoided imo
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Keith Courage

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »
So, I recently got myself a nintendo wii, got a component cable, and loaded up wiimednafen with a few TG16 games.

OMG does it look good and the emulation is so dam accurate! I can't really tell the difference over the real thing. I am using the 240P mode on a SD CRT so yes it has scanlines. I even think the picture is slightly better than component out of a real system. The only downfall might be that I think it has a minimal amount of lag but that could just be my imagination and the controller I am using. This is the most accurate TG16 emulation running 240P for an SD CRT I've ever seen.

Because of this it brings up these questions.

Why own real hardware?
Why own real games?
Why bother with a Super SD system 3 when a wii can emulate the CD drive perfectly.

Just curious if anyone else has seen/used the Tg16 wii emulation and possibly thought the same thing.

Is this real?

yes, real. This was the reason I bought one. Never wanted one until I had a friend show me just how accurate it was for 16bit on down emulation. Especially since it can do 240P for a more accurate crt experience.