Author Topic: Market research paper about NEC losing Japanese PC market  (Read 3925 times)

xelement5x

Re: Market research paper about NEC losing Japanese PC market
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »
Nice read Sam, thanks for the writeup!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 05:05:11 AM »
I <3 this thread!  Thanks Sam for the awesome link and synapses!  :)

seieienbu

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
I think she was just a japanese version of the common Apple fanboy :lol:

Reminds me of Linux and GNU people, which always go out of their way to tell you that Micro$$$oft is evil and Windows sux! :icon_cat_derpy:

That's definitely a reasonable assumption. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
SamIAm just read your whole post and I'm happy to see a well thought out and thorough interpretation on the subject.  Is this something that is published about extensively in Japan, or is this largely an idea you've formulated?  I'm not sure if I agree 100% with what you said, but I'm 200% enjoying thinking about what you said.

Yeah, this was a great post by Sam.

Hmmm.....

:)
  |    | 

Dicer

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »

Reminds me of Linux and GNU people, which always go out of their way to tell you that Micro$$$oft is evil and Windows sux! :icon_cat_derpy:
Average Linux user:

Hey now...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 04:05:06 AM »

Average Linux user:

Hey now...

YOURE AN ALL STAR.

lol

Lots of Japanese people I know actually hate Mac software, and it is slowly branching out into hating iPhones.   I swear if there wasn't a barrage of cute iPhone cases in Japan and no Droid ones, nobody would use iPhone.

Like their fashion and such, there is a delayed reaction between them and USA. 

They are all wearing Fila shoes and oversized reebok pullovers still like its 1997 and Mac isn't fulltard yet.   and they, being Japanese, missed out on the cult-bullshit of Steve Jobs and the hipster silicon valley doucheplatoon.   

The only people I know who use Mac exclusivelyish are the same as the ones here, and those are the ones that went to Music/Art schools where that is what they learned how to do everything on for their jobs and hobbies, the software doesn't exist on Windows, they got software for free during school, and have no great reason to ditch Mac for Windows because of that.

But, even those people at times bitch about Mac being annoying.  Mac's Japanese language entry interface sucks compared to the Windows IME and it's mostly because of Mac's drunk uncle keyboard combinations lol.

everyone I know that does programming uses Windows and/or Linux, on an NEC, Fujitsu, or Panasonic laptop.  Like God intended.

except this one guy but he's foreign, and used to work for Apple.

but, he uses Apple AND Windows, so he gets a free pass.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

geise

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »
I'll throw a wrench into that Ark. I started doing graphics stuff in 96. I learned Photoshop 3 on a Windows NT machine. My 3D studio was ran through DOS. Our Softimage and Alias ran on UNIX SGI machines. Even when I went back to college in 2000 we were doing everything on either Red Hat or Windows 2000. Only people that use Macs are just straight up Graphic Designers or maybe Motion Graphics folks.