Author Topic: PC-FX Controller Extension Cable?  (Read 1482 times)

TheClash603

PC-FX Controller Extension Cable?
« on: March 24, 2018, 07:19:38 AM »
I have searched and it doesn't seem like a controller extension cable exists.  Has anyone ever made their own?  With two controllers, would you be able to dissect the cord and make one double length cord?

The way my stuff is set up I technically can get by with the standard length, but player 2 always has a cord in their face.  Would be great to fix that issue.

xelement5x

Re: PC-FX Controller Extension Cable?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
The problem with making an extension cable you'd need and extra "input" port, and the only way I can think of getting one is if you pulled one out of a system since it's rather funky looking from my memory.

You might have a better luck just wiring a longer cord into the end of the pad (I think it's 7 or 8 pins maybe?), and then just reattaching the proprietary connector at the end where it plugs into the system.  I'm not sure if there would be connection issues if the cable was longer than original though.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

TheClash603

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:10:13 PM »
The problem with making an extension cable you'd need and extra "input" port, and the only way I can think of getting one is if you pulled one out of a system since it's rather funky looking from my memory.

You might have a better luck just wiring a longer cord into the end of the pad (I think it's 7 or 8 pins maybe?), and then just reattaching the proprietary connector at the end where it plugs into the system.  I'm not sure if there would be connection issues if the cable was longer than original though.

Appreciate the response.  Seems like more work than it's worth, player 2 at my house will just get a cord in the face.

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »

Appreciate the response.  Seems like more work than it's worth, player 2 at my house will just get a cord in the face.

Not a problem.  I don't think it would be that hard to test out, if you're really concerned about looks you could also just splice a longer cord into the existing one. 

To be honest I'm impressed that no only do you play your PC-FX, you have actually convinced a second human being to play it at the same time as well. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Not a problem.  I don't think it would be that hard to test out, if you're really concerned about looks you could also just splice a longer cord into the existing one. 

To be honest I'm impressed that no only do you play your PC-FX, you have actually convinced a second human being to play it at the same time as well.

Bahahaha real talk.

What are you playing 2 player OP?

TheClash603

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 06:34:36 PM »
I have a friend that likes playing old baseball games with me, that's what we were playing with a cord in face.

Hoping to get someone to play Zenki or Chip Chan Kick soon, but baseball is good for now.

FWIW - Swallows beat the Tigers 4-1, and I was the Swallows.

Gypsy

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 01:43:23 AM »
Awesome. I love playing Power League IV with friends.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »
SUPAH POWAH LEAGUE FX!

It's a legit good time!

Go SWALLOWS Go!!

esteban

PC-FX Controller Extension Cable?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 01:27:45 AM »
SUPAH POWAH LEAGUE FX!

It's a legit good time!

Go SWALLOWS Go!!

You had me at “swallows”....

I have a friend that likes playing old baseball games with me, that's what we were playing with a cord in face.

Hoping to get someone to play Zenki or Chip Chan Kick soon, but baseball is good for now.

FWIW - Swallows beat the Tigers 4-1, and I was the Swallows.

Damn! Now I know what my next two items to get are: another controller + FX besbol.

Oh, and I need to repair my FX... who fixes FX here? My FX worked, but got dropped (or jostled) and now doesn’t read disc. I am pretty sure it spins, but doesn’t read (not sure if laser moves along track).
  |    |