Author Topic: A Thanks to the Guys on This Forum  (Read 679 times)

LowRes

A Thanks to the Guys on This Forum
« on: March 24, 2018, 08:41:03 AM »
I just want to share with everybody what kind of people are on this forum.  First off a big thanks to Jelloslug for 3D Printing me a power switch for my Duo-R and a big thanks to Necromancer for lending his switch to be used for 3D printing.  I don't even know the pain in the ass it was to 3D print it, and imagine the pain in the ass it is to take your switch out, ship it out to somebody to let them 3D print it, and then wait for the switch to come back to you in the mail.  Not only did these guys do this for me, but neither of them will even respond to my pms about paying them for their time and effort to do this for me.  It just showed up in the mail yesterday.  I can't even tell you how nice that was for them to do that and it's very appreciated. 

Another big thanks to Keith Courage who noticed I was going to sell my Super CD-ROM2 because I was still having audio issues even after I replaced all the caps.  He contacted me and offered to fix it for $10.  Ten dollars is not even worth the hassle of taking it to the post office and shipping it back to me after the repair.  He fixed it, I got it back, and it works perfectly. 

You guys are awesome.  I hope I can be as helpful to somebody on this forum, as this forum has been so helpful to me. 

Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

Winniez

Re: A Thanks to the Guys on This Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
Glad to hear you have liked it.
I'm also a fairly new member here and have really enjoyed this forum. I like how the conversation is more focused on games, fixing stuff and playing rather than the endless speculations about game values and collecting. People could use emulation for all I care, the main thing is getting enjoyment out of the PC-Engine.

tbone3969

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 02:54:54 AM »
This forum is good.  I like it.

:atlantean:
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 04:10:10 AM »
You're welcome, but all the real work was on slug's end.  'Twas easy for me to pull the switch, and I'd been meaning to do it anyway; before putting it back in, I shaved off a bit on the back side so it'd stop hitting the TED's SD card.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
:)

|    |