Author Topic: Bloody Wolf goes for more on PC Engine.... Why?  (Read 1013 times)

tbone3969

Bloody Wolf goes for more on PC Engine.... Why?
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:53:59 AM »
Is it uncensored maybe?  Kinda like why Splatterhouse goes for more on the PC Engine.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Black Tiger

Re: Bloody Wolf goes for more on PC Engine.... Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:13:47 AM »
Game prices have nothing to do with game content. Many Turbo versions of PCE games have a lot of content removed, yet "go for" much more than the Japanese versions.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

tbone3969

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 07:15:48 AM »
I see.  I thought the PC Engine version of Splatterhouse was more sought after because he looks like Jason and there are crosses in it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Winniez

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:47:32 AM »
I have noticed this aswell, pretty suprising. Turbo version even has the proper cover art.
As far as I know the only difference besides the text is that the PCE version has limited continues.

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:39:53 PM »
I have noticed this aswell, pretty suprising. Turbo version even has the proper cover art.
As far as I know the only difference besides the text is that the PCE version has limited continues.

Some cheat codes or tricks are supposed to only work on one version.

Freeway2

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
I was able to get the cheat codes to work on the tg-16 version.  As far as prices go I don’t see the pc engine version for sale as often so that may play a part.
“If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me”

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 05:56:22 PM »
When I got Blazing Lazers a few years ago, it was not only way less expensive than Gunhead, it even came sealed, lol. Must have been a seller with lots of leftover stock.

But I had to replace the sticky Hucard sleeve with another one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:58:32 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »
Funny, when I was moving to PCE over TG, Splatter and Bloody were higher than expected prices (on PCE). I just coughed it up to being good games...at least I could sell my US version for at least what I could buy the PCE counterparts for. Both games are great, but if they get over $50, then ppl should just get a TED...I say the same for Cadash.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

lukester

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 05:32:06 PM »
Probably cuz it's exotic and "obey". And more people these days have pc engines, so the japanese prices go up. Supply and Demand.

Bloody Wolf gives you unlimited continues on the american version though, and considering how cheap that final boss is you're gonna need them. The translation is also hilarious.

crazydean

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
Funny, when I was moving to PCE over TG, Splatter and Bloody were higher than expected prices (on PCE). I just coughed it up to being good games...at least I could sell my US version for at least what I could buy the PCE counterparts for. Both games are great, but if they get over $50, then ppl should just get a TED...I say the same for Cadash.

Everyone should get a TED regardless. If you collect games for value, it's worth it so you can play them without damaging originals. If you want to play games and not collect, it's cheaper than buying originals. If you only want to buy and play, at least with the the TED, you get a chance to try before you buy.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

TheClash603

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 01:57:24 AM »

Everyone should get a TED regardless. If you collect games for value, it's worth it so you can play them without damaging originals. If you want to play games and not collect, it's cheaper than buying originals. If you only want to buy and play, at least with the the TED, you get a chance to try before you buy.

INSERTION MARKS!?!?!?!?!?

crazydean

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 06:42:18 AM »

INSERTION MARKS!?!?!?!?!?

I don't see a reason to buy a game like Magical Chaste, but if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't play it.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Black Tiger

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
I played Magical Chase regularly on consoles and an Express for over 20 years, keeping it loose with stacks of shuffling HuCards and it sustained very little wear.

esteban

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 06:39:37 AM »

A: With a handful of PCE games, it is possible that the JP release had a lower production run than the North American release (Wataru!). Think about how NEC overestimated demand for TG-16 console, in general, and Keith Courage was included with every console.

Now, the question to ask is... even if Wataru was a popular TV show, would Hudson pump out 750,000+ Huey’s?

It was my understanding that in the first 2 years of the PCE, simply selling 200,000 copies of a game was considered very successful (maybe my numbers are wrong... this was “research” I did 15+ years ago from poor sources).

Anyway, regardless of actual data, it is conceivable that Bloody Wolf, Wataru, GunHed, and a few other titles were produced in much greater quantities for North America.

Supply and demand still is a factor in determining price, although it is compounded by many other things (popularity, perceived value, etc.)

I played Magical Chase regularly on consoles and an Express for over 20 years, keeping it loose with stacks of shuffling HuCards and it sustained very little wear.

Please send me HuCARD only in a plain business envelope.  I’ll pay shipping to New Jersey. Thank you, comrade.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 06:54:20 AM »

A: With a handful of PCE games, it is possible that the JP release had a lower production run than the North American release (Wataru!). Think about how NEC overestimated demand for TG-16 console, in general, and Keith Courage was included with every console.

Now, the question to ask is... even if Wataru was a popular TV show, would Hudson pump out 750,000+ Huey’s?

It was my understanding that in the first 2 years of the PCE, simply selling 200,000 copies of a game was considered very successful (maybe my numbers are wrong... this was “research” I did 15+ years ago from poor sources).

Anyway, regardless of actual data, it is conceivable that Bloody Wolf, Wataru, GunHed, and a few other titles were produced in much greater quantities for North America.

Supply and demand still is a factor in determining price, although it is compounded by many other things (popularity, perceived value, etc.)

Please send me HuCARD only in a plain business envelope.  I’ll pay shipping to New Jersey. Thank you, comrade.

During the Playstation era, selling 100,000 was considered a major achievement and companies were presented with awards on stage at an event for best sellers.