Author Topic: Bookface, Instagram... bullshit  (Read 1358 times)

esteban

Bookface, Instagram... bullshit
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
So, I finally tried this bullshit... Instagram, Favebook... WTF?

There is absolutely nothing to bite into and savor... it’s vapid, ephemeral bullshit.

There is absolutely no way to really talk about something. To get “in depth”... To have a real conversation “open for others” to follow and then join.

I am even more committed to hating this bullshit.

I guess I want to type out too many words?

So, anyway, I know I am in the minority...  but a viable platform should at least *support* genuine conversation, even if only 0.001% of users take advantage of it.

I’ve seen better conversations on TubeYou than Instagram/Favebrook (ok, I’m joking about that...it’s about the same shit:quality ratio, IMHO, which is pretty damning).

My own family and friends reposting lame shit like it was 1990’s email chain-letter attachments? WTF?

The PURE PAP that gets recycled, holy shit, kill me now.

BOTTOM LINE: pcefx, discord, etc. are a billion times better than the rotten arsehole of trendy social media.

I WILL NEVER SNAPCHAT, may the devil f*ck my arse for a millennium before I sink to that level of barbarity.

So, how’s the weather by you?

|    | 

seieienbu

Re: Bookface, Instagram... bullshit
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »
I hope you're writing posts in all caps and ending your statements with "COMRADE!" on all of your friends' status updates.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

crazydean

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 05:40:23 PM »
It has been cold and rainy, but it should be warming up within the next few days.

Thanks for asking.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 02:29:13 AM »
... may the devil f*ck my arse for a millennium...

I hope you mean the christian devil.  I don't have that kind of stamina.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Lost Monkey

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 02:51:42 AM »
LCD.

It was a sad day when I realized that the majority of people in this world are stupid.  When I say majority, I really mean 99.999%...

I feel like I have been babysitting ever since...

Gypsy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 03:06:03 AM »
It's about posting mail pics and having people smash dat like button to validate you. It's pretty stupid.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 05:42:59 AM »
Everyone shut the hell up and get back to posting horrible photos* of super common stuff you just quad paid for.

I agree, it’s the difficulty (impossibility, really) of carrying on anything like an in depth conversation that is the big problem. It’s made so people can jerk each other off in the moment. Once you navigate away from that thread you may never see it again.

Also, there are 8000 splinter groups for every topic and each one with a heavy handed mod who will ban for you at the drop of a hat. I was on a vintage anime FB group for a while and then one day I just wasn’t. Nobody ever sent me a notice, a warning, or an explanation. The only thing I can infer is that since I advocated for bootlegging long out of print garage kits that only existsed in quantities of dozens and decades ago, I guess that violates their all-encompassing anti bootleg language in their terms of service. This would align with their completely unrealistic worship of copyright and corporate might so that must have been it. It’s interesting that this bootleg-phobia is almost non-existant in any other type of modeling I can think of. American 1/24 scale auto guys pirate out of print bodies all day and night, stuff from the 60s even, making improvements and even selling them on in shops. Facebook friendly anime fans apparently feel that once a GK is out of print (the next day) then it just just be unavailable or maybe be a kit nobody builds that just goes back on eBay every few months. Trying to explain to these mall otaku that this just doesn’t work is impossible. They’ll ban you before you can even make your point.

* serious question: how does one even take a bad photo these days? There aren’t any bad cameras on the market. If you have an iPhone you probably have a lightbulb so USE IT. I feel like I’m stuck right IN the trailer with some of these people...

Gredler

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 06:48:39 AM »
I regret every time I get on facebook for anything other than messenger to contact someone who is not in my phone, or get contacted through it by someone who doesn't have my number. I've thought about deleting my facebook many times, I kinda hate it, but I do get contacted for various fun things through it a few times a year since it came out - be it reunions with high school or college friends, recruitment for hockey teams and activities, or keeping in touch with people on here outside of the forums (DK, Arkhan, Nullity, Sarumaru).

As a source of content, or community, I cannot enjoy it. I joined some groups for "TURBO GRAPHICS SIXTEEN" shortly after friending the above mentioned PCEFX home boys, and barely lasted a day before exiting the groups. I am happy for the people who enjoy it, and hope they stick to it, but I just don't fit in with that crew and will avoid it for now.

Punch

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
I think it's just how the new generation rolls, they don't care about anything meaningful or deep. Take a look at the #1 "forum" platform for anything niche nowadays, the self purported "Home page of the internet", Reddit. There's a surprising number of reddit pages to anything you can think of, however discussions there can never compare to good old message board threads since everything revolves about how new your thread is and how many "upvotes" you got. It's not common to see deep, meaningful conversations disappear from the thread listing after a day or so because the massively upvoted memes took their place instead. Did I mention that there's no "bump" and your thread dies off anyway after a certain amount of time? :lol:

Even message boards nowadays are shallow and pointless.

Gypsy

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 07:31:05 AM »
Reddit is an absolutely terrible format.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »
Oh shut up ya'll love MyFace and InstaFriend.  Go back to your business. 

yea, I'm looking at you especially Esty!! 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
I think it's just how the new generation rolls, they don't care about anything meaningful or deep.

Eat shit, Grandpa. You’re so wrong about that I couldn’t begin to explain it. Condemning an entire “generation” with a fad product is just stupid. There’s no other word for it. Besides, the stupidest of these products is by *far* Facebook and that’s really the most popular with people even older than me.

Punch

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 01:33:11 PM »
I think it's just how the new generation rolls, they don't care about anything meaningful or deep.

Eat shit, Grandpa. You’re so wrong about that I couldn’t begin to explain it. Condemning an entire “generation” with a fad product is just stupid. There’s no other word for it. Besides, the stupidest of these products is by *far* Facebook and that’s really the most popular with people even older than me.

LOL look who's talking, the guy who hates everything and everyone. :lol:
I'll admit of being wrong with my generalization, though.

gex

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
Which is why I have no social media accounts.