Author Topic: Rockman 4 Minus Infinity (the only megaman romhack worth playing)  (Read 820 times)

lukester

Anybody ever play this? It's an amazing hack of Megaman 4 that adds incredible weapons, awesome level design, throwbacks, new bosses, new music, and all sorts of new stuff. Even has time trials and boss endurance modes when you beat the game. And an extremely customizable difficulty menu.

https://sites.google.com/site/rockman4mi/

http://www.shopflashbackgames.com/rockman-4-minus-infinity-p-196.html

I've also tried to the other "best" megaman romhacks, Rockman CX and Rockman No Constancy, and both of those have ridiculous difficulty and inconsistent art style.

Black Tiger

Re: Rockman 4 Minus Infinity (the only megaman romhack worth playing)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 01:44:20 PM »
Each time I play the NES Megaman games, they are less enjoyable for me. I love the concept, but the stage designs don't have enough platforming, are too tedious and have too many cheap spots.

This looks like exactly what I want from a Megaman game. :D
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jperryss

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »
Nevermind, won't work on an Everdrive.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:59:43 PM by jperryss »

lukester

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:27:14 PM »

hopefully you can get it working. This guy has it workin on real hardware

Mathius

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:17:33 AM »

hopefully you can get it working. This guy has it workin on real hardware

If the music in that video is any indication that the whole game sounds like that then no thank you. I recognize some of that music too from older famicom games, though I can't remember their titles at the moment.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

HuMan

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
It's better in an MMC5 cartridge.

zetastrike

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »
A lot of the Mega Man romhacks (and MM9 and 10) that I've tried on the Everdrive really miss the mark in terms of design.  I can rip through any of MM1-8 in no time, but much of the new stuff and hacks rely too much on blindsiding you, or swarming you with enemies, or poor enemy placement, or spikes everywhere.  The original games were tough, but they're totally beatable and don't require much, if any trial and error.  Just reaching the boss room shouldn't be a grueling task.

It makes me kind of nervous for MM11 when it comes out.  I'm hoping the Inticreates people aren't the ones making it, because they don't really "get it" in my opinion.

Mathius

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 07:37:47 AM »
A lot of the Mega Man romhacks (and MM9 and 10) that I've tried on the Everdrive really miss the mark in terms of design.  I can rip through any of MM1-8 in no time, but much of the new stuff and hacks rely too much on blindsiding you, or swarming you with enemies, or poor enemy placement, or spikes everywhere.  The original games were tough, but they're totally beatable and don't require much, if any trial and error.  Just reaching the boss room shouldn't be a grueling task.

It makes me kind of nervous for MM11 when it comes out.  I'm hoping the Inticreates people aren't the ones making it, because they don't really "get it" in my opinion.
Wasn't InitiCreates behind MM9? They did a bang up job with that game.  :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

zetastrike

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 07:42:46 AM »

Wasn't InitiCreates behind MM9? They did a bang up job with that game.  :)

They were.  I can see why a lot of people liked MM9, but it didn't really do anything for me.  It might just be that I'm older and don't have all the spare time to learn every new level.  I also really didn't like that made it look like a NES game rather than modern looking, and that they got rid of the slide and charge shot.