Author Topic: Billy Mitchell  (Read 876 times)

KnightWarrior

Billy Mitchell
« on: April 12, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »
He got stripped & banned from Competition

I don't feel bad about the cheater

soop

Re: Billy Mitchell
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »
More like MILLY BITCHELL, MIRITE?!

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
Better focus on expanding that hot sauce line.

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »

Hagsgdfsgs! I needed that, comrade.
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
One day meme will be all there is.

The. billy will be king again.

gex

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
Disappointing, he's one of the few og "retro gaming" celebs people can identify with. I'm guessing that Atari Dragster world record brought this into the spotlight

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
Identify with? I identify with every poor bastard that ever knew the guy. He’s the absolute quintessence of a specific subspecies of douche I’ve known a dozen examples of in my life. Most people have. Is that what you mean, that he’s a sort of common shithead foil in everyone’s life? Like Biff Tanen or Jimmy Hart? That I can see.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

gex

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 08:30:38 PM »
Identify with? I identify with every poor bastard that ever knew the guy. He’s the absolute quintessence of a specific subspecies of douche I’ve known a dozen examples of in my life. Most people have. Is that what you mean, that he’s a sort of common shithead foil in everyone’s life? Like Biff Tanen or Jimmy Hart? That I can see.
Guys a legend even my dad knows who he is, who described Mario once as "the red jumping guy". He still has a huge following too it looks like, just reading his newly edited'd wiki page. Definitely a name people would still recognize and identify him rooted in the retro video game community.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:29 AM »
Guys a legend even my dad knows who he is, who described Mario once as "the red jumping guy". He still has a huge following too it looks like, just reading his newly edited'd wiki page. Definitely a name people would still recognize and identify him rooted in the retro video game community.

I guess you meant people could "identify" him, and not "identify with" him.  Just like a lot of people could "identify" Pac Man. :P

TheClash603

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:04 AM »
Did he ever achieve any of his scores in live competition?

This seems like a Barry Bonds case, where the guy was a legit top tier player on the planet, but that wasn't good enough.  So rather than being one of the best, he was threatened and cheated to be the absolute best.  It's pretty shameful, to lose everything he legitimately earned, due to some complex.

soop

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 01:53:57 AM »

This seems like a Barry Bonds case, where the guy was a legit top tier player on the planet, but that wasn't good enough.  So rather than being one of the best, he was threatened and cheated to be the absolute best.  It's pretty shameful, to lose everything he legitimately earned, due to some complex.

A good analogy.  He was also allegedly an awful person personality wise too. Very self absorbed.

Has anyone ever seen the Regular Show episode about him?
http://regularshow.wikia.com/wiki/High_Score

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 02:59:12 AM »

I guess you meant people could "identify" him, and not "identify with" him.  Just like a lot of people could "identify" Pac Man. :P

He still has fans because a$$holes like him have spent their lives surrounded by yes men and toadies. Those fans are dipshits who think there is some reason to love a guy for his records when his cheating is known. They don’t care if he cheats anymore than people care if Trump cheats. They basically have constructed a reality in their head where their hero is always the good guy and anyone who takes away from that is simply a hater, no matter what the mountains of evidence say.

It’s pretty obvious you’re one of those submissive beta male types. There should be a more socially acceptable way for people to bail on toppled dirtbags. Its OK. You can flip flop on things sometimes, this is %100 one of those situations although I imagine you’ll be sticking up for crooked cops and pedo priests your whole life. Some people are just born to be servile to even those with the most skant traces of authority.

Btw, I hate football and know nothing about it but I can name many of the criminals associated with it. I don’t know what a conversion is but I know OJ Simpson’s prison record. That’s Billy Mitchel’s lot in life now. He’s the most famous person who ever did something and he’s famous for cheating at it. Obviously he hasn’t murdered his family yet so I don’t need anyone to point out the different in magnitude between the two scumbags but the point is the same. Billy Mitchel is now mostly famous for cheating, and knowing that you have SO MANY of his lies on record it should be impossible for anyone with a functioning sense of honor to stand by guy.

...but then there is “loyalty”. And loyalty and honor are not the same but the person you’re being loyal to thinks they are and will tell you they are. People who aren’t loyal will just wonder WFT you’re doing standing up for a career liar.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:03:38 AM by SignOfZeta »

spenoza

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 04:01:52 AM »

I don't think any of his high scores were from live competitions, but the times he has competed live, it's clear he's a very good player. That's the thing, he's skilled enough to get records, but he's so determined to constantly be on top that his skill just wasn't enough for him. He had to take it that one step further. At least, that's my impression of him. It's a shame, too.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 06:04:44 AM »

I say that all the time.   Lol its funny as f*ck to me.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.