Author Topic: WNTD Hu6260 Chip  (Read 742 times)

Slypty

WNTD Hu6260 Chip
« on: April 24, 2018, 01:49:57 AM »
Poor Duo needs Hu6260 Chip
Help make home for old loose unneeded but working Hu6260 Chip
Send me a PM with price
Yellow screen is annoying after complete cap job
Any help thanks

seieienbu

Re: WNTD Hu6260 Chip
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:47:18 PM »
Wow that sounds like a gross problem with a worse solution.  Good luck to you, sir.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Slypty

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:28:53 AM »
Wow that sounds like a gross problem with a worse solution.  Good luck to you, sir.

??  Sorry but why is it gross and why is the solution worse?  I don't have a problem if you think this is a bad idea but please give your reasons

seieienbu

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 05:00:50 AM »
Honestly, it sounds interesting and I'd like for you to get the chip, make a thread, and document the whole process.  I think soldering that many leads into the motherboard would just be a nightmare, is all.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Slypty

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:22:26 AM »
Oh OK I am a little nervous but have a pro solder friend who does this stuff for me.  It isn't definite the chip is the problem, but it does control RGB and a solid yellow screen is unusual.. it was like this before I did the recap, so I'm just taking an educated guess.

Honestly, it sounds interesting and I'd like for you to get the chip, make a thread, and document the whole process.  I think soldering that many leads into the motherboard would just be a nightmare, is all.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:27:10 AM »
Paging Dr. Steve.  Dr. Steve to the white courtesy phone please.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

soop

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:39:06 AM »

For that many leads, you'd use a process called dragging.  Use hot air to heat the board up and remove the chip, clean the board, then once you anchor a pin or two on the chip, you literally load up a chisel shaped iron tip with solder, and drag it across the contacts (with plenty of flux)

Slypty

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 01:42:00 PM »
Thanks, I'll be sure to check out some sexy chisel drags on Youtube before I make any attempts.

I was going over the board today before I start anything, and noticed compared to my working Duo the voltage outputs from the Caps near the Op Amp (the small 3 22uF caps) Output half the voltage or less than my working Duo.  I think the working one is 2.6V and the other 3 are .9 or just above 1V.  There's a lifted pad but the copper trace isn't broken around there, I don't see any other damage. 

The screen goes all types of colors, not just yellow.. red, white, yellow.. chips don't get hot so I'm second guessing.
 Might postpone if further digging is required.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 05:00:35 AM »
Is it region modded?

Slypty

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 08:52:39 AM »
Is it region modded?

No harm done from what I can see.  I've had a Duo-R with a crap region mod, and the Hu6260 had shorted..

Anyways a bit stuck on it.  Might have to put it on the backburner.

Keith Courage

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:49 AM »
a solid colored screen when turned on does not necessarily indicate a video chip problem. does it do this when both hu cards are inserted or not? your problem could be bad chip related but it could also be bad traces/vias on the motherboard. in all honesty I would just send the system to theSteve to work on it for you. that way, whether it is a chip or Trace problem he can fix it.

if you want to take a stab at doing more work on it yourself, then double-check those traces for the caps near the op amps that you talked about. Could be a bad connection in that area or one of the voltage regulators could be bad. Check that both 7805 voltage Regulators are putting out the required 5 volts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:14:00 AM by Keith Courage »