Author Topic: WTB Super Air Zonk  (Read 1438 times)

Gypsy

Re: WTB Super Air Zonk
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 03:31:00 AM »
So, what other games do you want besides Super Air Zonk? What games do you like to play on the Turbo?

Sometimes it's nice to start a little "Hello" thread introducing yourself. What made you get into the turbo? Do you have history with the system?

As I was posting int he wanted/sales section, I didn't post an intro. It didn't seem like a breach of etiquette but It looks like perhaps that was incorrect.

Other games I want besides Super Air Zonk, Bonk 3 CD, Cotton, - mainly CD games. I am close numbers wise to finishing the Hu-Card set but pretty far away in the money department as I am missing Magical Chase. I am also missing Legend of Hero Tonma but that's it. I have mainly been working on getting the boxes I am missing, which is many.

What got me into Turbo, Splatter House, a kid had it down the street and I after that I wanted my own. I debated getting into Turbo collecting for a solid 10 years, and after being pretty well decided I wouldn't I one day looked at my collection and realized I had slowly acquired like 40 games. When I realized I was that deep I decided to go for the set.  I am primarily a set collector when I decided to collect. I have a large number of games, I do a podcast on game collecting and I mainly hang out on Instagram for video game stuff, @Johnny_iucci if anyone cares.

Oh hey you podcast with my homeboy. Welcome.

johnnyvs

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 06:17:41 AM »
oh you are pals with Tyler? Awesome

Gypsy

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 06:20:43 AM »
Internet friends if that counts. Talk daily usually on discord.

johnnyvs

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 06:21:20 AM »
Wow you have a nice collection.  What's your favorite system to collect for?  It seems you have many.  What's your most valuable game?

Complete in box Outback Joey is probably the most expensive. Fav to collect for is hard,  SNES probably, it was the most personal to me. I really enjoyed doing Sega CD and Genesis too as those were under collected for at the time and I got to do a lot of research and share that with other collectors, which is a passion of mine. That is the fundamental reason I have a podcast, though I have heard it suggested that it is because I love the sound of my own voice.

DarkKobold

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 07:43:22 AM »
So, what other games do you want besides Super Air Zonk? What games do you like to play on the Turbo?

Sometimes it's nice to start a little "Hello" thread introducing yourself. What made you get into the turbo? Do you have history with the system?

I always thought this "hoop" that gets posted in a lot of WTB threads is pretty funny. No one here has Super Air Zonk for sale. Jumping through this hoop doesn't get the person any closer to their goal, and often triggers others to come in and attack the person for their "collectard" ways. This "hoop" would be so much more meaningful if someone ACTUALLY had SAZ for sale.

I mainly hang out on Instagram for video game stuff, @Johnny_iucci if anyone cares.

Dude, I had a blast scrolling through your instagram collection. Holy crap, that is a drool-worthy collection. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. It's hella impressive.
Hey, you.

Gypsy

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
Dark you might like the podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/collectors-quest

I usually only listen if I'm more interested in the subject matter, but I've enjoyed the episodes I've listened to.

johnnyvs

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »

I always thought this "hoop" that gets posted in a lot of WTB threads is pretty funny. No one here has Super Air Zonk for sale. Jumping through this hoop doesn't get the person any closer to their goal, and often triggers others to come in and attack the person for their "collectard" ways. This "hoop" would be so much more meaningful if someone ACTUALLY had SAZ for sale.

I mainly hang out on Instagram for video game stuff, @Johnny_iucci if anyone cares.

Dude, I had a blast scrolling through your instagram collection. Holy crap, that is a drool-worthy collection. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. It's hella impressive.

Firstly thanks for having a look, let me know your IG name and I’ll give you a follow.

As far as the “hoop” you would be surprised how many times asking in a forum has worked out for me. I’m not talking about basic items, I mean for stuff that is legit hard to find. This is why I ask, no big deal to me if people  don’t like or think I’m ridiculous for asking. Not saying anyone here did, but it’s happened on other sites but I digress.  This spawned a nice conversation so I’m willing to call this thread a win, even if it looks like eBay is probably my route to victory.

johnnyvs

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »
Internet friends if that counts. Talk daily usually on discord.

Totally counts

DarkKobold

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 09:30:05 AM »

Firstly thanks for having a look, let me know your IG name and I’ll give you a follow.

As far as the “hoop” you would be surprised how many times asking in a forum has worked out for me. I’m not talking about basic items, I mean for stuff that is legit hard to find. This is why I ask, no big deal to me if people  don’t like or think I’m ridiculous for asking. Not saying anyone here did, but it’s happened on other sites but I digress.  This spawned a nice conversation so I’m willing to call this thread a win, even if it looks like eBay is probably my route to victory.

I'm not actually on Instagram, I feel like an old foggie. I'm really curious about the collector scene on instagram. A friend who was going after his 3DO set said he managed to find a game he needed, and just offered the guy increasing sums until the guy couldn't say no.

So, the hoops was more a commentary/frustration with this forum. I've seen too many people get dogpiled after asking for something, because they answered that question wrong. Meanwhile, even if they give the perfect answer, no one here has what they are looking for, so it becomes a pointless exercise.
Hey, you.

johnnyvs

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 09:59:55 AM »

I'm not actually on Instagram, I feel like an old foggie. I'm really curious about the collector scene on instagram. A friend who was going after his 3DO set said he managed to find a game he needed, and just offered the guy increasing sums until the guy couldn't say no.

So, the hoops was more a commentary/frustration with this forum. I've seen too many people get dogpiled after asking for something, because they answered that question wrong. Meanwhile, even if they give the perfect answer, no one here has what they are looking for, so it becomes a pointless exercise.

okay I see what you mean. Yeah, I have been around to long to be easily daunted.

Was the game your friend was after Dyno Park Tycoon and does this friend now have the complete set? Also is this friend named Archon online?

DarkKobold

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »

okay I see what you mean. Yeah, I have been around to long to be easily daunted.

Was the game your friend was after Dyno Park Tycoon and does this friend now have the complete set? Also is this friend named Archon online?

Haha! Yes, exactly! Don't tell me you were the target...
Hey, you.

Sparky

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 11:32:28 PM »
I much prefer the hoop jumping, I would much rather sell to a fan then a compiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnyvs

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 05:47:16 AM »

Haha! Yes, exactly! Don't tell me you were the target...

lol, no Archon and I are friends, I actually had him on my podcast a few weeks ago to talk about his 3DO set.

DarkKobold

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
I much prefer the hoop jumping, I would much rather sell to a fan then a compiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem with "hoop jumping" if someone actually HAS a copy for sale. That isn't the problem. Geise, who threw out the hoop, definitely, 110% does NOT have a copy of Super Air Zonk for sale. Don't throw out the hoop if you don't have a copy, and pretty much no one on the forums has a copy. That's just noob-baiting for no reason.
Hey, you.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
I have no problem with "hoop jumping" if someone actually HAS a copy for sale. That isn't the problem. Geise, who threw out the hoop, definitely, 110% does NOT have a copy of Super Air Zonk for sale. Don't throw out the hoop if you don't have a copy, and pretty much no one on the forums has a copy. That's just noob-baiting for no reason.

Or here's a crazy thought: maybe goosey was stating the obvious, that it's simple forum etiquette to introduce yourself.  Only a forum hating ax grinder like yourself thought it was a veiled promise.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles