Author Topic: WTB: Turbografx-16 coffee mug  (Read 2392 times)

crazydean

WTB: Turbografx-16 coffee mug
« on: April 30, 2018, 05:22:03 AM »
So I landed my first office job about a month ago and they have free coffee! I’ve never had much use for a coffee mug in the past because I needed to move around.

Anyway, I’ve always wanted one of those sweet, black turbografx mugs, and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in parting with one of theirs. I don’t care which game is featured on it.

Also, in case I don’t actually find one, what are some suggestions for other game-related mugs?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

NightWolve

Re: WTB: Turbografx-16 coffee mug
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:59:10 AM »
Ah, you're referring to comrade esteban's TG-16 mug, dunno where he got it, but he SURE loves it! Doesn't ever leave home without it and it has a way of winding up in interesting places all across the country! ;)

TheClash603

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/turbografx+16+mugs

I just googled it and was shocked by the TG16 mug selection available.  Note, I've never bought from here, just saw the link.

NightWolve

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »

I just googled it and was shocked by the TG16 mug selection available.  Note, I've never bought from here, just saw the link.

Yeah, I'm surprised by that too, had no idea so many were made.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Adol one but that's cool they have some.

Anyway, I'd ask esteban where he purchased his. It never occurred to me to ask and maybe I even wondered if he had it made himself or something.

Oh, congrats on the new job, crazydean, hope it works out!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 04:26:44 PM by NightWolve »

crazydean

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:44:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm surprised by that too, had no idea so many were made.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Adol one but that's cool they have some.

Anyway, I'd ask esteban where he purchased his. It never occurred to me to ask and maybe I even wondered if he had it made himself or something.

Oh, congrats on the new job, crazydean, hope it works out!

From what little info I found online, they were from a promo bitd. There are at least three variations that I’ve seen pictures of.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »
There is an infinite variety of bootleg shit out there now with hundreds of hack “designers” making so much junk nobody even polices it anymore. I think Americans are starting to lose their understanding of what “legit” even is these days and they never really grasped graphic design on the whole so they can’t even tell that it’s both fake and bad and very obviously.

“No, ET never f*cked Rainbow Bright, not even in the Japanese edit of Ready Player One. I hope the Chinesium POS doesn’t poison you! :)

If you’ve ever been a member of any Facebook group you’ve seen mountains of this crap. My local Miata club went on Facebook and now we have spam for shitty Zoom Zoom T shirts and other suck crap that has never plagued the club in like 20+ years of existing as only a mailing list.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
There is an infinite variety of bootleg shit out there now with hundreds of hack “designers” making so much junk nobody even polices it anymore. I think Americans are starting to lose their understanding of what “legit” even is these days and they never really grasped graphic design on the whole so they can’t even tell that it’s both fake and bad and very obviously.

“No, ET never f*cked Rainbow Bright, not even in the Japanese edit of Ready Player One. I hope the Chinesium POS doesn’t poison you! :)

If you’ve ever been a member of any Facebook group you’ve seen mountains of this crap. My local Miata club went on Facebook and now we have spam for shitty Zoom Zoom T shirts and other suck crap that has never plagued the club in like 20+ years of existing as only a mailing list.

Holy shit, I forgot about that “Züm Züm” campaign! I didn’t remember it was Mazda... thought it was for Subaru Sidekick or something (I’m joking, just to run more salt in the wound).

:)

|    | 

roflmao

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
Holy shit, I forgot about that “Züm Züm” campaign! I didn’t remember it was Mazda... thought it was for Subaru Sidekick or something (I’m joking, just to run more salt in the wound).

My Mom has a Mazda 3 and when it turns on the display says "Zoom Zoom." It's adorable.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 01:09:55 PM »

My Mom has a Mazda 3 and when it turns on the display says "Zoom Zoom." It's adorable.

You are teasing me! You must be!

|    | 

Sparky

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightWolve

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 04:37:30 PM »
Hm, I dunno, I'd be embarrassed to be seen with this one now, but maybe in my teen years I'd roll with it...

crazydean

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »
Hm, I dunno, I'd be embarrassed to be seen with this one now, but maybe in my teen years I'd roll with it...

Ya...all of the new ones look pretty rough.

schweaty

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 06:50:42 AM »
I'd love to get one as well if some enterprising individual with the wherewithal were to be able to l put a buy together

henrycsc

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
I thought these were nicely done.  Props to the designer.
https://www.teepublic.com/mug/748775-turbocom
https://www.teepublic.com/mug/2003142-super-engine-grafx
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1839902-super-engine-cd  (or you can get the cup)

The original ones pop up from time to time, but they disappear pretty fast.  Good luck if you're looking for one of those.  They have the TG16 logo on one side, and a game logo on the other... Splatterhouse, Bloody Wolf, Devil's Crush, and Legendary Axe II I think were the only options.  Could only find pics of 2:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images2/1/0709/06/devils-crush-turbo-grafx-coffee-mug_1_a8ba75410469153161b304d692c7cb6b.jpg
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1014/30/turbografx-16-mug-bloody-wolf-coffee_1_c62e4cc112dec1e783e8aefe42420a9f.jpg

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

geise

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »
That Bloody Wolf one looks awesome!