Author Topic: May 2018 Game of the Month  (Read 2179 times)

geise

May 2018 Game of the Month
« on: May 01, 2018, 03:29:03 AM »
ALIEN CRUSH

The winner is Alien Crush. An excellent pinball game by good ol' Naxat Soft for the Turbo / PCE. Some prefer Devil's Crush, but this is still a fantastic pinball game. I really enjoy the Alien style aesthetic. Alien Crush also makes good use of all the types of pinball items such as the bumpers and flippers. Getting into the bonus rooms for extra items and boss fights can be a challenge, but are great for points. The music is also fantastic. Devil's Crush I like a little better in the music department, but these tunes are still really nice. Well I hope everyone has fun this month. Post some high scores!!!!!!!!!!

roflmao

Re: May 2018 Game of the Month
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 03:49:01 AM »
Woo hoo!

esteban

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
Will I spam? No, I can’t spam.

Oh, sure I will.

I have wanted to make another parody of “unboxing” videos... but then I say “why bother?” because the real unboxing videos are so ridiculous, they are already parodying themselves.

If I can think of a funny, new angle to poke fun at silly video game culture, I might do it (like boiling a sealed game in its packaging!)

:)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:34:05 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 01:03:28 PM »
Esteban needs less Alien Crush and more coasters!

I one time played this game and my ball got stuck in a spot where I glitched max points.  I've mentioned this a few times before, but I have never been able to recreate this glitch.  Time to see if game of the month results in anyone having this success.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
Esteban needs less Alien Crush and more coasters!

I one time played this game and my ball got stuck in a spot where I glitched max points.  I've mentioned this a few times before, but I have never been able to recreate this glitch.  Time to see if game of the month results in anyone having this success.

I have had that happen for a “brief time” (like 20-30 seconds?), but the ball eventually nudged itself out fo the spot.

It’s happens to me 2-3 times over the past 3 decades (not often).
  |    | 

TheOldMan

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
(like boiling a sealed game in its packaging!)

"Get the most $$ for your old video games with our new home-made resealing machine!
 Looks just like new! All it takes is a vaccuum cleaner, a roll of saran-wrap, and some hot water!
Works Great!"

.... I can see it now....

esteban

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
(like boiling a sealed game in its packaging!)

"Get the most $$ for your old video games with our new home-made resealing machine!
 Looks just like new! All it takes is a vaccuum cleaner, a roll of saran-wrap, and some hot water!
Works Great!"

.... I can see it now....

HajAjjajajajajjajajja!

This should be an infomercial/TubeYou channel.

|    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 04:21:05 PM »

Oh, sure I will.

I have wanted to make another parody of “unboxing” videos... but then I say “why bother?” because the real unboxing videos are so ridiculous, they are already parodying themselves.

I remember this! Forgot about your army fatigue/camouflage pants though, heh!

Johnpv

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 12:16:13 AM »
You know originally I was going to be like, I suck at pinball games so I don't know if I'm going to jump into this one.  This video though

Oh, sure I will.

If I can think of a funny, new angle to poke fun at silly video game culture, I might do it (like boiling a sealed game in its packaging!)

Well now I just have to play Alien Crush.

crazydean

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 03:17:41 PM »
Well I played it today for a few minutes. My score was something like 1.8 million. I’ll try more, later this week. Is one of the boards easier than the other?

I expect everyone who voted for this game to achieve better scores than me.

Edit: I played some this morning and realize now that the option isn’t two boards but two music tracks....how bow dah?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:43:07 AM by crazydean »
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Phase

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »
Played five games tonight and got an ok score.

Will have to play some more soon.

GoldenWheels

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 02:41:54 AM »
Jeez i got to 11 mil and I was happy. I hit maybe 15 bonus rounds...and didn't complete ONE.

gheebee

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 04:04:51 AM »
I love Devil's Crush but am not a big fan of this one, the table just seems like it doesn't have a lot going on compared to that one and I get bored. It's been a while since I've played this though so I'll try and give it another go soon since it's GOTM.

crazydean

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 05:54:14 AM »
Anyone got some tips on how to do better or get more points? Do I just need to git gud?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 06:51:33 AM »
Clear bonus rounds for big points

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no