Author Topic: I'm alive...  (Read 1305 times)

Dicer

Re: I'm alive...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »
@Dicer glad to hear you're conscious. A lot of folks here were worried.

If you're Paypal is locked, why not post the Amazon list here?

Sorry about the ID, I had the same trouble when I moved to the Republic. All I can say is once you establish residency, employers look at you a lot differently. SD is a good place to start to get on your feet.

And the spider bite is icing on the cake... that really sucks I've been bitten by a brown recluse before and its not any fun.

Anyway glad you're on the mend, and if I can help out with what little I can spare, I will. Sounds like you're on the right track to getting back on your feet. 

Good luck to you.

caw

I don't have a list but the locker is Amazon Locker - Rafi
Feel free to shower me with random crap...lol

This city def has a large homeless population but they also have way better services to deal with it, plus it's not freezing my nuggets off...

As long as no more critters bite me I should be ok, thank you all for keeping me in them thoughts  :dance:

Gypsy

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
Great to read you are doing alright. What a wild story, life is crazy sometimes.

NightWolve

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »
Yes your paypal info would be great and I get paid on Friday so I can throw some scratch for you.

He's got an old GoFundMe set up, about it, and no clue about an "Amazon Locker." We need a link, whatever that is.

https://www.gofundme.com/puufahkc

I kinda figured PayPal was out of the question as you need a checking account to move funds into the real world for cash purchases, at least that's the only way I know how to do it. But anyway, he used their credit/loan system by the sound of it and owes them money...

Well, if nothing else, we could go old school if he provides a P. O. Box or address privately to send an envelope with cash. Had a guy mail me a $20 years back in a Christmas card or something and that's how my Godmother would slip me a $50 now and then as a kid. Old school! ;)

My only obvious stipulation would be it doesn't go for say smoking the "good stuff," booze, or whatever other substance-abuse vices... If I take time out of my day to mail something out to help, even though it'd just be a small bandaid in your case, I wanna know it's going for food, shelter, clothes, a clean shave, etc.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:08:22 AM by NightWolve »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 10:08:08 AM »
I imagine you are getting SSDI. In which case I think you need to have a bank account for he money to be deposited into.

Dicer

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
I imagine you are getting SSDI. In which case I think you need to have a bank account for he money to be deposited into.

SSDI is an ongoing process, and frankly a giant pain in the ass, almost got cash relive while that arrives. As for substances, never really been my thing, I don't drink and any weed i smoke is minimal and I never buy it, always when offered as it helps with hands. I can get mail here if that's a thing. Also you can see it actually goes to the shelter.

The gofundne is long closed, so snail mail is the best bet. If anyone wants to toss me a on and I'll have the address at the ready. I don't expect anything but not going to turn help away at this point either.

I'm hanging in, just a bunch of hurry up and wait, thankfully I haven't had to pay any medical cause I'd be right f*cked, lol.

NightWolve

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
Alright, I went old school with 2 Christmas cards to conceal cash. Mailed it off today, hope it makes it, heh... I should've asked though if he could handle a personal check or money order to avoid risk, but figured cash will be easiest for him at this time.

For anybody else, there is the more "high tech" way with a gift card but the extra charges to load it are unappealing, $4 to $7 to send about as much as I did plus tax. I forgot about Credit gift cards at first, but saw them at Dollar Tree, Walgreens and Walmart days later.

Anyway, BigusSchmuck donated about as much to me years back, so it's a PCEFX pay-it-forward and all that! ;)

Dicer

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:00 AM »
Alright, I went old school with 2 Christmas cards to conceal cash. Mailed it off today, hope it makes it, heh... I should've asked though if he could handle a personal check or money order to avoid risk, but figured cash will be easiest for him at this time.

For anybody else, there is the more "high tech" way with a gift card but the extra charges to load it are unappealing, $4 to $7 to send about as much as I did plus tax. I forgot about Credit gift cards at first, but saw them at Dollar Tree, Walgreens and Walmart days later.

Anyway, BigusSchmuck donated about as much to me years back, so it's a PCEFX pay-it-forward and all that! ;)

It should be fine, people get amazon and shit delivered to the shelter which boggles my mind, people homeless with big ass Bluetooth speakers and iPhone's, I guess I'm doing it wrong lol

Only nicety I really want it a Bluetooth controller for my phone, obey on a touch screen is depressing.

I got some nice kicks from my next door bunkmate, so that helped as my left legs been a crabby bitch lately.

I post from the library, so mind if they are fewish and farish inbetween

Cheers.