Author Topic: An original Spriggan  (Read 486 times)

Green Beret

An original Spriggan
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:06:57 AM »
Hi guys!
I am looking for an original Spriggan. There are a lot of "new" probably bootlegs on ebay. I don't see any pcengine works logo anywhere on those Tobias's bootleg!
Is there something minor to identify the original as I suspect  pcengine works has spread in all over Japan by now too. They possibly sell used bootlegs too :deadhorse:

Thanks

Keith Courage

Re: An original Spriggan
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »
there is a pce Works logo on the CD itself. So you can't tell without seeing the CD. So most likely if the package is sealed and looks brand new then it is a bootleg.

Green Beret

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »
Great to hear from you:)
I saw a couple of photos on eBay from the bootleg and basically they had ripped those from Tobias's original site. While Dracula X has the logo I didn't see any on Spriggan  CD or I wasn't careful enough!

P.S. Do you remember a weird issue with my DUO R making a buzz on CD playback when there was my hand just above the CD door? A couple of months later issue disappeared. It was magnetism from the screwdriver I used to adjust CD screws!! It had kept electricity for a couple of weeks!

EmperorIng

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »
If you are looking for one, you are far better off searching Yahoo Auctions Japan and figuring out how to buy stuff from there through middlemen.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 03:38:23 AM »
also, just avoid sealed copies and buy one that shows of a photo of the disk [sans PCEW logo] done