Author Topic: Webmaster Dude Needed  (Read 338 times)

SignOfZeta

Webmaster Dude Needed
« on: May 21, 2018, 08:31:25 AM »
It used to be everyone had a website. Then people got lazy and just let Facebook do everything for them. I’m stuck in the middle. I don’t want to keep my skills up and I don’t want to use the popular alternatives either. So I need a web designer guy. This is of course a paying gig, but not a big one. It’s mainly just going to be a place to make available any of the audio stuff I do. There are no ads, no income at all.

Basically I need a guy to keep my page working and to make a few new ones. There isn’t going to be a Squarespace thing or anything like that. I want non-proprietary stuff up and down. You can probably do everything in like...HTML 2.5. I don’t want anything fancier unless it’s requried. I also don’t want to talk to my ISP about anything so that’s your job too. Basically I just don’t want to do anything like this anymore, I need to free up time resources for other things.

PM me here or email me at signofzeta@mac.com

bob

Re: Webmaster Dude Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:59:12 AM »
flashing gifs, a button for AOL, and must be netscape compatible?
sign me up.  i will draft the site map and we can go from there.  you might want to work on a first pass of FAQs.  those queations are asked frequently

NightWolve

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
I dunno if Bob/galam is serious or not, but I believe soop said he's a web guy of sorts if memory serves, so that's somebody else to ask if he doesn't see this first.

In my opinion, you need a web team of at least 2 if you want a website you can be proud of/not embarrassed by. One worker for graphics, art, design, color choices, overall appearance, and the other worker on the technical side to handle programming/coding for HTML, CSS, script client/server side (if need be), functionality, domain registration, hosting issues, tech support, etc.

I suppose for what you're asking for, static HTML, and nothing too fancy, etc. maybe you can find someone to handle it all and get a decent result if enough experience is there. But yeah, that's what I'd look for to get my money's worth.

esadajr

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 04:50:20 AM »
Ah the good ol days. Way before the likes of wordpress would do everything for us (well, sort of). Even nowadays one can pull some good stuff with plain old html, a few frames here and there, (now that bandwidth is not a problem) a bunch of gifs, some dropdown menus (sothink dthml anyone). If I had the time I'd offer my services. Keep us posted on how that website goes.
Gaming since 1985