Author Topic: Scart issue  (Read 650 times)

hypochondria

Scart issue
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:59:07 PM »
Hello there. I bought a white pc engine this week and got it shipped to me from Japan. It has had an rgb mod which is a 8 pin mini din to scart. When I plug it in it is red and flickers. My question is, does anyone know if this is likely to be the console itself or the scart cable that came with it? I'm not sure how I will get another one as I'm not great at modding but it would be good to know to see if I can sort it out.

SuperDeadite

Re: Scart issue
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 02:27:38 PM »
If it came modded from Japan the supplied cable is probably Japanese RGB21.  Same connector as a Euro SCART but wired completely differently.  You shouldn't have much trouble finding a JP21->Euro Scart adapter on ebay and the like.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »
Yeah, you didn’t tell us where you live but my guess is it’s in PAL land. I hope nothing got juiced.

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
If it came modded from Japan the supplied cable is probably Japanese RGB21.  Same connector as a Euro SCART but wired completely differently.  You shouldn't have much trouble finding a JP21->Euro Scart adapter on ebay and the like.

Yeah, I'm guessing this is exactly the case as well since RGB21 and Euro Scart have the exact same line for red but most everything else is changed up.  You can find online or build an adapter if you want.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story