Author Topic: WTB-Turbobooster  (Read 2148 times)

Mathius

WTB-Turbobooster
« on: March 13, 2019, 12:27:09 AM »
I was an idiot and sold my Turbobooster years ago and I'm in need of another. MGC is coming up and I'm do to be featuring only HuCard games this year and my only other available system is my Turbo CD deck. Rather than lug that whole thing around while the CD-ROM2 goes unused I'd rather just remove the Turbo and take it to the show. Problem is I don't want to use RF if I can help it. Anyone have one available in good condition?

Edit: Do'h! I put this in the wrong sales forum. Mods, could you please move this to the Turbo Sales forum? Sorry about that.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:29:30 AM by Mathius »
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Black Tiger

Re: WTB-Turbobooster
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:22:25 AM »
You can snip a couple pieces of plastic to comfortably use a Tennoke II onna TG-16.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »
If you just want something that works and don't mind what it looks like, you could buy (or build) something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Composite-A-V-4ft-RCA-Cable-Adapter-for-TurboGrafx-16-SuperGrafx-PC-Engine/223161022034?hash=item33f56ef652:g:MlsAAOSw~XBbqWFr
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 02:30:56 PM »
You can snip a couple pieces of plastic to comfortably use a Tennoke II onna TG-16.

Yeah this is what I did.  Tennokoe II is pretty nice and cheap and it's easy to RGB mod as well!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Mathius

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
I have a Tennokoa 2 for my white PCE but it's a memory expansion only, no composite ports. Are we all talking about the same thing???

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 06:53:21 PM »
AV Booster looks similar to the Tennokoe 2.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:23 AM »
It's been so long since I had an AV Booster and Tennokoe II that I thought they were more or less the equivalent of the TurboBooster and TurboBooster Plus.

Sadly, it looks like the AV Booster has suffered the Magical Chase effect and is now being gouged because collectards valued the TurboBooster based on perceived rarity. :/

If you're considering paying for a TurboBooster, you should instead get an RGB modded Tennokoe II from mickcris. He usually sells them for $70 and I believe that he can either include a composite port or a composite cable compatible with the RGB port.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Mathius

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 06:53:35 PM »
This is unfortunate. I don't peruse eBay anymore because I can't stand the scene and it's prices. I think I sold my boxed Turbobooster on eBay about 9 years ago at auction for around $40 maybe lol.  #-o

Do you have a link or anything for McCris? I know of him but that's about it

BTW- Black Tiger, check your messages over at Paul's forum. :)

MNKyDeth

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 08:22:04 AM »
If no one comes along with a solution for you. I'll see what I can do. I think I have a couple Tennokoe 2 here. I could RGB mod them. I never tried to mod one for composite however.
I'll try to check in later on and let you know if I can do something for you. Just keep looking though as I might not be able to help, just yet.

Mathius

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
If no one comes along with a solution for you. I'll see what I can do. I think I have a couple Tennokoe 2 here. I could RGB mod them. I never tried to mod one for composite however.
I'll try to check in later on and let you know if I can do something for you. Just keep looking though as I might not be able to help, just yet.

Thanks man I appreciate it. No worries if not.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
I found the 8pinvdin ports mickris used. They are a little expensive but they are nice compared to the ones you screw into the plastic. I'll order a few and see if I can mod a tennoko with rgb and composite output.

I make my own composite cables. I just need to see if I have any extra rgb one's or find some proper/good wire for making rgb scart ones.

I have 50 of the scart boards mickris used to use. Just need to find good shielded wire.

Mathius

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 10:45:02 PM »
So you're talking the Tennokoe 2, the one that is only a save memory unit?

MNKyDeth

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »
Well, I have some 8pin din connectors coming from mouser.com
I can basically make a Tennoko 2 that is only a backup ram unit. Into a TurboBooster like unit. I'll put the port on the back. You can connect a composite and/or a RGB scart cable to it. I'll include both cables with it. It will have the RGB mod inside it as well.

Not sure what prices are. But I'll honor the price someone quoted mickris as having.

I mean he may still have some. But I have three here and I'll do one up for ya for sure. I am going to MGC so I can either give it to you there or ship it before then if you need it earlier.

I don't have an original TG16 to try plugging it into. But I can bring my snips and trim it down onsite or you can trim it down if I ship it to you before hand.
That is of course if you are interested in it. I can't find any pics of what it looks like from mickris. However mine will be near identical.

I also have the exact cables mickris was using for making the scart cables as well. I'll order a batch and make a few RGB scart cables too. I just had to dig through all my old PM's on pcefx.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:12:57 AM by MNKyDeth »

Mathius

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »
Thanks for your effort and input. I think I may have a friend giving me the hookup but if that can't happen I'll get with you.  :)