Author Topic: Game of the Month: June 2019 Gate of Thunder  (Read 568 times)

geise

Game of the Month: June 2019 Gate of Thunder
« on: June 07, 2019, 09:56:14 AM »
GATE OF THUNDER

Ok, this way late. Wasn't sure about there still being people wanting a new GoTM. Seems like it from discord chat. So, here it is. Gate of Thunder!!!!!!!!!! Probably the best pack-in ever for a game system. To this day Gate of Thunder is still one of my favorite shooters on the Turbo/PCE. It really showcased the Super CD Rom system well. Fantastic music, graphics, gameplay. The game really plays well. Having the ability to double tap the button to use your options and fire behind you is nice. This is a game that is also not to hard to get through. I still have yet to complete this game on Devil though. Guess I will have time to do it this month! Lets get some scores in!

xelement5x

Re: Game of the Month: June 2019 Gate of Thunder
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:40:04 AM »
Sweet!  Will see if I can get everything dug out to play soon.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »
GoT GoTM!

You ain't shittin' about it being the best pack-in.  Even by itself it's easily one of the best ever, but add in Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and Bomberman and it's impossible to top.  It's simply a fantastic shewty, loaded with polish and personality.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Those Winds of Thunder folks miss out on the Bonks and B-man. I'll make sure to run it at Too Many Games in a couple of weeks (not that I wouldn't any how!)

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Phase

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:13:58 PM »
Got 448,500 and made it to Dark City for the first time. I'll have to keep working on it  :thumbsup:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 11:32:59 PM »
What does it say when you pick up the options (#82 in sound test)?  I thought it was "tusks" back in the day, but now I'm thinking it might be "cuck".  Does GoT stand for Gate of Toxic masculinity?!?

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 02:23:06 PM »

Had some Winds running at Too Many Games last wknd. Met up with Johnpv, but didn't get that much time to hang with running around with stuffs to do (okay, okay...I was drinKING)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

geise

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 08:39:12 PM »
Sorry I've been absent on this one. I have been playing a few GoT runs this month on Devil mode. I can get to stage 6 now but lose it all there. I have some time tonight and this weekend. Hopefully I can make a 1CC on devil before the month's over. Regardless I'm having fun since it's been a while playing this and has been nice to come back to. I love this game so much.

I will keep the fire burning and make sure next the July GoTM starts on time. Going to do another game that's not a shooter to change it up.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 09:23:15 PM »
Devil mode, damn!  Much respect.

This pussy can barely beat it on normal, which I did earlier this week.  It's such a sweet shewty with so much variety that I never get tired of it.