Author Topic: XboxOne not so Xbox Fun  (Read 1609 times)

DragonmasterDan

XboxOne not so Xbox Fun
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:02 PM »
After its many years on the market and with a chain store that sells used item having a 50% off coupon today I finally obtained an XboxOne. I do have a few mostly cheap games, but have found it to be slow to install software and a lot more tedious to use than the 360 that preceded it or the PS4. Dpes anyone have some recommendations for XboxOne exclusives or must haves for the system?
--DragonmasterDan

Gredler

Re: XboxOne not so Xbox Fun
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 02:57:58 AM »
I am not sure if any of these are exclusive since most xbone games are on pc,

Cuphead
Ori and the Blind Forest
Sea of Thieves
Halo

I got one earlier in the year, and I honestly regretted it from the get go. Game Pass is where I spend most of my time on the system, trying games I never purchased but was always curious about.

I will post some more when I am at my console, but yeah it's pretty embarrassing for Microsoft and is significantly less enjoyable to use than PS4 and Switch, imho.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 05:10:14 AM »
I am not sure if any of these are exclusive since most xbone games are on pc,

Cuphead
Ori and the Blind Forest
Sea of Thieves
Halo

I got one earlier in the year, and I honestly regretted it from the get go. Game Pass is where I spend most of my time on the system, trying games I never purchased but was always curious about.

I will post some more when I am at my console, but yeah it's pretty embarrassing for Microsoft and is significantly less enjoyable to use than PS4 and Switch, imho.

Cuphead is on switch
I'll pick up Halo 5 eventually when it gets cheap. I picked up another Bungie game, called Destiny for 1.99 at Gamestop. The sequel is 8.99.

I'll look into Ori and Sea of Thieves.
--DragonmasterDan

KingDrool

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 02:46:17 PM »
The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you. I bought one about a year after launch, played Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 3, and a little bit of Rare Replay. After that, it sat - mostly untouched, except for the occasional round of Killer Instinct or Cuphead - for a long time.

Until GamePass.

I picked up a GamePass membership for dirt cheap recently; I think it was $15 for 3 months or something. Since then, I've been playing my X1 a lot, mainly to sample games like Blazing Chrome and others.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest is a fun game that I put a bunch of time into recently. Came free when I bought the console, but I had never played it. Give it a spin. It's also on GamePass
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 04:52:11 PM »
The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you. I bought one about a year after launch, played Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 3, and a little bit of Rare Replay. After that, it sat - mostly untouched, except for the occasional round of Killer Instinct or Cuphead - for a long time.

Until GamePass.

I picked up a GamePass membership for dirt cheap recently; I think it was $15 for 3 months or something. Since then, I've been playing my X1 a lot, mainly to sample games like Blazing Chrome and others.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest is a fun game that I put a bunch of time into recently. Came free when I bought the console, but I had never played it. Give it a spin. It's also on GamePass

After both of your recommendations I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/Ori-Blind-Forest-Definitive-Xbox-One/dp/B01EJNUMQ0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ori%2Band%2Bthe%2Bblind%2Bforest&link_code=qs&qid=1563310255&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&th=1
--DragonmasterDan

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

Until GamePass.

After both of your recommendations I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/Ori-Blind-Forest-Definitive-Xbox-One/dp/B01EJNUMQ0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ori%2Band%2Bthe%2Bblind%2Bforest&link_code=qs&qid=1563310255&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&th=1

I also like Volgarr the Viking and the backwards compatibility to a handful of fun Xborks and 360 games. But yea- after PS4, it's pretty much left in the dust. :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:16:24 PM »

I also like Volgarr the Viking and the backwards compatibility to a handful of fun Xborks and 360 games. But yea- after PS4, it's pretty much left in the dust. :)

Speaking of the backwards compatibility you should give this game called Deadly Premonition a try.

I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4,  and a cheapee called Has Been Hereoes earlier.
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
Yeah my main interest in the Xbox One is for the backwards compatibility, the 4K video playback (on S and X), and a handful of exclusives. 

The Rareware collection is another which comes to mind and is exclusive I think.  On multiplatform games the Xbone seems to normally have a graphical edge at least.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

deckard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 11:41:53 AM »
XBone also has a really nice controller in my opinion.  I have a friend that uses it for a pretty nice media center with the remote and the kinect integration.

roflmao

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 11:22:18 PM »
I don't know if I have any Xbox One exclusives, but like xele, I play a lot of 360 games on it and like that it takes advantage of a 4K UHD screen. We watch a lot of media through it as well. I dig the controller, too, but it pisses me off that I can't use my 360 controllers with it.

KingDrool

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 08:48:41 PM »
The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you.

I just re-read this and...uh...it sounds bad.  :D

I meant just like you DO. I don't find you tedious, Dan.  ;)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

xelement5x

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 12:27:18 AM »
The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you.

I just re-read this and...uh...it sounds bad.  :D

I meant just like you DO. I don't find you tedious, Dan.  ;)

Just his balls?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

KingDrool

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 03:16:39 PM »
All three of 'em.

Got one to sell? PM me!