Author Topic: Pc Engine GT Case  (Read 933 times)

pipi

Pc Engine GT Case
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »
Hi all!

Very happy to read that somehow the forum is still alive :)

I hope you are all in great shape and that your Pc Engine - Turbografx are still pumping.

I was looking at my beloved and trusted Pc Engine GT and I saw that my case really took more than a beating in the last 20 years...
Came from Japan to Europe, went to US for fixing and back, always with me...

I would like to take its brains and put that juicy stuff into a case that is in more decent shape.

Does anyone have one for sale or knows where I might score one?

Thanks for your time and help.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Pc Engine GT Case
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 02:22:17 AM »
You mean the system shell, right?  That's gonna be a tough one.  Maybe Keith Courage or thesteve has one from a lost cause and unfixable system?  Or did jelloslug do 3D printed full shells?  I know he did the battery doors....

In any case, nice to see you here, cool to hear your GT is well used/loved, and I hope you find what you're looking for.   :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

pipi

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 03:26:38 PM »
You mean the system shell, right?  That's gonna be a tough one.  Maybe Keith Courage or thesteve has one from a lost cause and unfixable system?  Or did jelloslug do 3D printed full shells?  I know he did the battery doors....

In any case, nice to see you here, cool to hear your GT is well used/loved, and I hope you find what you're looking for.   :mrgreen:

Yessir, indeed I talk about the system shell.
I think that if I don't find one here...
It doesn't exist :D

I could also try some technique for reducing the plastic damage, maybe?
Did anyone try any technique to achieve such result like, for example, super smooth sanding paper?

In parallel I will wait for Keith Courage or thesteve to read this post, maybe I am lucky :)

Thanks for the help and the kind welcome.

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 10:04:22 PM »
You should post some pictures of your current case. Not sure if any of the spares I have would look any better than what you already have.

pipi

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:51:58 AM »
 ](*,)

You are totally right!

Sorry for not thinking about this immediately.

Tonight I will take some pics and upload, thanks :)

pipi

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 08:02:12 AM »
Hi all!

This took ages but here's finally pictures of the case current status.

I would also like to try fixing it (maybe sanding with a ultra fine sandpaper) but then I am never confident about trying...

Thanks for your kind help :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V3TnXMChQEzkQW7c8

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
I was expecting worse.  That doesn't look terrible, at least not on my phone's lil screen.

Not that I see anything wrong with wanting it as nice as possible either.  GTs are cool in any condition, especially when being used regularly.   :mrgreen:

pipi

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 03:52:53 PM »
Lol you are right indeed!

Mine was born in Japan, went to US for repair once and travelled in Europe quite a bit...

It basically travelled more than me, some beating makes sense :D

Do you think it is worth it to try some sandpaper or I will just destory it more?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
I'd think sanding would remove the slight texture, leaving it too smooth.  That wouldn't be horrible if you could do it everywhere evenly, but that sounds like mission impossible.

Maybe find something with similar plastic color and texture (old dead pad, TV remote, etc.) to test drive and see how it turns out.