Author Topic: Turbo Express - Travel Case Options?  (Read 540 times)

Gredler

Turbo Express - Travel Case Options?
« on: November 04, 2019, 04:40:27 PM »
For the Turbo Express owners out there I have a question that couldn't be answered by searching the threads posted.

I want to keep a express in my backpack, like I do my Switch right now, but take the far superior Turbob instead of the Switch. My switch has a hardish covered zipper case it stays in, so I can toss it in my backpack without worrying about damaging the system.

Is there a modern solution express / GT owners use for their systems? What do you store your system in when taking it to go?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbo Express - Travel Case Options?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »
I store mine in a pistol case like this one: clicky

I cut out chunks of the middle piece of foam for each thing, leaving the bottom and lid foam intact.  It's bigger than what you'd want to carry around, but it's got room for the 'Express, AC adapter, DC adapter, tuner, and link cable.  A smaller single pistol case would work for just the system, but make sure it's thick enough for the system and a little foam.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gredler

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 08:00:53 PM »
I store mine in a pistol case like this one: clicky

I cut out chunks of the middle piece of foam for each thing, leaving the bottom and lid foam intact.  It's bigger than what you'd want to carry around, but it's got room for the 'Express, AC adapter, DC adapter, tuner, and link cable.  A smaller single pistol case would work for just the system, but make sure it's thick enough for the system and a little foam.

That's bad ass, and I am doing this idea. custom case! :)

Thanks! I just want the system and AC, I wonder if I can add foam to something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Virtual-Reality-Headset-Carrying/dp/B01D46U9CU/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=padded+case&qid=1572915694&sr=8-17
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:02:35 PM by Gredler »

Androsynth

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 02:03:09 PM »
Target sells a line of universal carrying cases, several of which will fit a Turboexpress. Nice quality stuff too, and plenty of pockets for Hucards or an Everdrive.

Gredler

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
Target sells a line of universal carrying cases, several of which will fit a Turboexpress. Nice quality stuff too, and plenty of pockets for Hucards or an Everdrive.

Thanks! I need to measure the express to get an idea of the range I can look at that it will fit within. If you have any direct links to one you've used I would probably go that lazy route and get the same one :P

Androsynth

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 04:51:06 PM »
Thanks! I need to measure the express to get an idea of the range I can look at that it will fit within. If you have any direct links to one you've used I would probably go that lazy route and get the same one :P

Sorry, I don't. Just saw them the last time I was in there (back by the sporting stuff in ours, it was most of an isle) and thought 'those would be great for Turbo Express or a Nomad'.

Keep meaning to get back over there to get one, but it's on the far side of town and, well, I'm fairly lazy.  :D