Author Topic: Recommend me some PCE Hucards  (Read 4362 times)

lukester 3.0

Re: Recommend me some PCE Hucards
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »
So getting back into this system again has been fun. Currently, for the near future, my Duo R is down for the count, so I'm limited to Hucard games at the moment. I have a modest collection of good stuff: the usual suspects like Gradius, Salamander, Image Fight, Zipang, New Zealand, Final Soldier, Daisenpu, Download, Xevious and the like. I was just getting into the imports when I moved up north and packed it all away.

Problem is, I lost my list of titles to get, and it's been ages since I've looked into the Japanese portion of the library. I've forgotten what's even available. I'm a rabid shmup fan, but I also like most other genres.

Any titles you fine folks would care to recommend? Not looking for CIB, loose is fine, affordable is even better (I do plan on getting a few of the pricier shooters like Tatsujin at some point). I'll be diving through the PC Engine bible again to kind of learn the library, but I figured you folks could steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

Platformers are my favorite genre, and PCE has some pretty good ones. I'll recommend a bunch (you probably know rondo already). Most of the good ones are on Hucard

Bonk 2 (and of course the first one...Bonk 3 is decent but not must play imo)
New Adventure Island
Liquid Kids
SonSon II
Ninja Gaiden
Momotaro Katsugeki
Parasol Stars
Wonder Boy III Dragon Trap
Aoi Blink
Chiki Chiki Boys
Samurai Ghost
Strider (second rate port with serious issues but still one of the best games ever)
Jackie Chan
Ninja spirit, Tonma and Gekisha Boy
Legendary Axe I and II

I'm not a big Valis fan but you might want to try 3, 4, and 1. Pac-Land is a fun diversion
The Skinheads have Taken Madonna

Strider77

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2020, 12:16:01 AM »
"action that would cause slowdown in many Genesis shooter"

LOL... 

HuDuo

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »
Yeah, that’s a good one.

It’s hard to go wrong with splatterhouse.