Author Topic: Controller Extension Cables  (Read 1522 times)

ShakeWell

• Same Name, Different Game on YouTube
Controller Extension Cables
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »
I couldn't find another thread specifically about this, so... I just got a PC Engine controller extension from Console5.com and it's fantastic. The cables on these controllers are so damn short, this six-foot extension is a dream. I tested it with Avenue 6 and Avenue 3 and even plugged my multitap into it, and everything worked great! I don't know if folks here have already sung the praises of Console5 or not, but I'm ordering more cables from them in the very near future! (Like maybe tonight.)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Controller Extension Cables
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 01:32:27 AM »
How's their price?  I've not looked recently, but you used to be able to get generic 8 pin mini-DIN cables off monoprice for a couple bucks.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 07:47:54 AM »
Very cool. They even have Neo•Geo cords. Looks like the DUO extensions are out of stock, and oddly they are light grey while all the others are black.

:-k

ShakeWell

• Same Name, Different Game on YouTube
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »
It was like five bucks including shipping (to the US). They do lower prices if you buy in bulk, which isn't really necessary for the PCE, since you can use the extension with your multitap, but for Neo-Geo and stuff, getting a few would make them even cheaper.

Keith Courage

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 12:12:53 AM »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 02:08:15 PM »
Monoprice. 1.99 plus shipping   https://www.monoprice.com/product/index?c_id=102&cp_id=10215&cs_id=1021501&p_id=534&seq=1&format=2

Aren't these the ones that people have issues with the multi-tap? Like w/ more than 1-2 controllers being connected? 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 03:09:46 PM »
Don't they all have that issue?  Methinks it's a crap shoot based on what game you're playing, the type of controller(s) being used, and the signal strength of your particular system.

In any case, true baller's use the wireless tap and pads.  :cook:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keith Courage

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
I've never come across an issue with a tap but I haven't tested every single system+configuration.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 03:38:18 PM »
I've never come across an issue with a tap but I haven't tested every single system+configuration.

It's been super rare in my cases, but just recently we used an extension on a tap for two players in Bonk 3 CD, and suddenly after about 20 minutes of play, pad #1 was controlling both Bonks!  lol, I might just grab 3 more cables, since I've already got two. :)