Author Topic: Prince of Persia Inquiry...  (Read 598 times)

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
Prince of Persia Inquiry...
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »
Hi all. I'm looking to replace my Jap PoP CDRom² game that was water damaged. Can anyone tell me did it originally come with an obi strip? I can't seem to find one that has a strip, and my copy didn't come with one. Thanks!

:-k

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Prince of Persia Inquiry...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »
Since this is the US region subforum... no.  None of the US games have spines.   :pcgs:

The PCE version looks to have one: eBay linky
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 12:19:37 AM »
Since this is the US region subforum... no.  None of the US games have spines.   :pcgs:

The PCE version looks to have one: eBay linky

Lol. Thank you kindly. I will have to sit on this for a while I guess.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 12:45:50 PM »
I loved PoP, I still have great memories of playing through this beast. I wonder if I'd have the patience to make another effort to run through the whole thing...

Speaking of this style of game, I was always a bit bummed that Out of this World and Flashback never got a SCD release.  I think the Turbo Duo SCD platform could've easily handled those games and it's a shame they never got ported. :(

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 05:03:45 PM »
I loved PoP, I still have great memories of playing through this beast. I wonder if I'd have the patience to make another effort to run through the whole thing...

Speaking of this style of game, I was always a bit bummed that Out of this World and Flashback never got a SCD release.  I think the Turbo Duo SCD platform could've easily handled those games and it's a shame they never got ported. :(

Even though PoP has a cool redbook audio score for the SCD, I absolutely adore the SNES soundtrack and prefer it over NEC's. You should definitely have another go at it. There aren't many games like it. The only other game that might come close is Nosferatu.

I agree, OOTW and Flashback should have absolutely been released on SCD. I own the 3DO version of OOTW, and I must say the soundtrack is breathtaking. I would imagine that NEC's would have used the same score.