Author Topic: Duo-RX board in a Duo-R Shell?  (Read 579 times)

lordofwar

Duo-RX board in a Duo-R Shell?
« on: January 06, 2020, 08:52:57 PM »
Bought a Duo-R off ebay, but it came with a PWA-3365-A board inside. So that definitely means I witnessed some japanese ebay seller trickfuckery, correct? NEC didn't have a hybrid period where they released the PWA-3365-A board in the Duo-R shell (with the white cd lid button), did they? Normally I wouldn't care, but I bought a CIB set dangit! :)

I saw another post on here where a guy noticed that as well, but gut tells me it's just Japanese sellers mixing and matching PCE-Duo-R/RX parts.

MNKyDeth

Re: Duo-RX board in a Duo-R Shell?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:26:09 AM »
I would think most people don't open the consoles. To me there is a very easy way to tell. When you first  get a console and open it. It will almost have a crack sound as you bust open those 30yrs old seats the screws are so snug in.

If it's recently been opened it won't do that.
Also, the duo-rs are very similar. There is one with a fuse and one without. I don't really follow any numbers I just know the physical difference. The one without the fuse also has less caps in it, along the row of caps just behind hucard slot.
This is the board I typically see in duo-rx systems. Ones with the fuse are in the duo-r.

I doubt many sellers are opening them and swapping components just to do it. But I suppose it could happen.