Author Topic: Dynastic Hero Review Versions on Ebay  (Read 675 times)

ZEDDYSDEAD

Dynastic Hero Review Versions on Ebay
« on: March 18, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »
Hi, I am a longtime Turbo fan since 93 and I am new to the forum.

I noticed an odd copy of Dynastic Hero on ebay and have never seen one like that before. I found it kind of interesting and now a second copy has popped up for auction.

Can anyone provide any info on this? What does the MS stand for? Are there other review copies like this of other games? I am assuming they both are tagged #23 because it was the 23rd super cd release in North America? Is it fake lol

Thanks

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Dynastic Hero Review Versions on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 01:20:56 AM »
If it's pressed and has typical hub markings, it's probably legit.  You see them for PCE games every so often.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bob

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
appears that “Dynastic Hero” and “#23” are same handwriting on both discs.  The “MS” and date seem to vary.  (aside from the obvious 11/12 difference)

ZEDDYSDEAD

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 11:56:40 AM »
I had noticed the dates looked like they were written by two different people.

I am not much of an ebay fan but I am very curious on the final sale prices.

Do fans view these as treasure or are these unsavory copies of the game like the Dungeon Explorer II games that were sold with photocopied manuals? I wish I had snapped one of those up cheap when I had the chance.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »
I think it's cool but not something I'd go out of my way to get.  Such things don't really count towards a complete library, but they're interesting as oddities and surely more rare than any commercially released version.

ZEDDYSDEAD

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 03:51:37 PM »
I am not a complete set kind of guy myself. I would prefer something like this to say a pce works repro, provided the price was right.

I have a buy it to play it or don't buy it policy but it's outside of my budget anyways... Luckily fascination is generally free.

3 copies on ebay now btw.

geise

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 06:01:01 PM »
Are these of JP or US?

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 10:16:08 AM »
If it's pressed and has typical hub markings, it's probably legit.  You see them for PCE games every so often.

There does exist a PCE works version of this that's not so legit. So just keep in mind if it says PCE works on it, it's a repro that is glass mastered.
--DragonmasterDan

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 11:19:00 AM »
Tobias's shit doesn't have normal hub markings, nor the expected labeling (other than sapphire).

Most all legit games have similar hubs.  The only oddball one I can think of is Dead of the Brain.

xelement5x

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2020, 10:16:33 PM »
Yeah the CD hub markings used to be the only way to ensure a legitimate press.  I'm sure after Tobias makes enough money to buy his own pressing plant he'll make indistinguishable one.  Or maybe he already has and we are none the wiser...

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story