Author Topic: Game of the Month: May 2020 - Dragon Saber  (Read 526 times)

geise

Game of the Month: May 2020 - Dragon Saber
« on: May 02, 2020, 11:04:30 PM »
Dragon Saber

Dragon Spirit has always been a favorite of mine on the Turbo. The music is fantastic! Shinji Hosoe did an amazing job with the soundtrack. I like shooters where you have to focus on the ground as much as the air. It keeps you on your toes. The followup Dragon Saber I like "almost" as much as the first game. With that said I still don't give this game as much attention. I'd like to make this a game of the month for May. If enough get involved I'll add a score table. Have fun!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: May 2020 - Dragon Saber
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 08:08:27 PM »
Good pick this month! I've only been able to get to stage 5 before, so i hope I can put some time into soon.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

xelement5x

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 10:48:15 PM »
I don't think I've actually ever played this one.  Played Spirit a lot (that damn bombing) but never even touched this.  Will give a try.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
Had some free time and got a couple of hours in. Getting to stage 4 with low 50's so far for my score.

The Namco Museum "Encore"  (JP release) has the arcade version, that really got me hooked on this shooter. Thanks to Ope, I scored a PCB and it's one of my prized boards. The PCE port is pretty good all things considering. I know folks complain about the hit box but it does not bother me much (it's just how it is). Colorful levels, solid music and varied weapons makes this must own, plus it's not stupid expensive.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:33:00 PM »
Slowing getting better, still stuck on stage 4 boss. Hitting low 90's now.

Johnpv

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:48:59 AM »
This game always kicked my ass, I should try and put some time into it this month and join in on the fun.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »
I played some more tonight, and it's official: I suck.  I can't even beat stage 3!   :boom:

I need a cpu upgrade before I can handle shooting stuff in the sky AND bombing stuff on the ground.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles