Author Topic: Flippers in 2020  (Read 957 times)

vestcoat

Flippers in 2020
« on: July 21, 2020, 11:27:37 PM »
Is anyone else starting to notice this?

Pricing formula for flippers after spending their enhanced unemployment on games and fireworks:

[Price paid last year on impulse buy] + [ignore depreciation from shipping/use/improper storage] + [ignore reduced buyer pool from international shipping restrictions] + [ignore mass unemployment] + 30% = 2020 price!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Flippers in 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 04:37:21 PM »
Hell yes!  Shit is pricier than ever (not just games) and it doesn't look like much of it is selling.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:24:12 PM »
It's pretty ridiculous.  I guess it's a good was to see what happens when you give people a free $1200 each what they spend it on. 

I wonder if video games would be as heavily impacted in the rise if there wasn't a pandemic at the same time.  Like normally would people spend this money on like vacations or something instead if they got it?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:13:51 PM »
After all the $1200 extra money folks buy over prices stuffs, then all the sellers will decide that's the NEW market price. We must all do our part and be cheap bastards when buying. I know I do, but sadly often get outbid.

But Odyssey and INTV games are still cheap, right?
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

DarkKobold

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
I love this concept that 'sellers' set the prices, and poor buyers are just forced to pay them. That's not how any market works. The concept alone is beyond absurd.

Prior to August 1st, 68% of people receiving CARE stimulus were making MORE money on unemployment than they were working their jobs:
https://www.newsweek.com/two-thirds-jobless-workers-make-more-unemployment-they-did-work-1511026

Plus, as has been pointed out, nearly everyone in the USA got a free $1200 to blow on whatever.

I should also note that literally everything I had listed on eBay sold in the month following the $1200 check. Buyers were driving the prices higher.
Hey, you.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »
Oh, goody, DK is here to lecture us again.   :icon_cat_derpy:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DarkKobold

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 12:30:56 AM »
Oh, goody, DK is here to lecture us again.   :icon_cat_derpy:

LOL, where else would I be?

Hey, you.

esteban

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 01:42:11 PM »
Is anyone else starting to notice this?

Pricing formula for flippers after spending their enhanced unemployment on games and fireworks:

[Price paid last year on impulse buy] + [ignore depreciation from shipping/use/improper storage] + [ignore reduced buyer pool from international shipping restrictions] + [ignore mass unemployment] + 30% = 2020 price!

PLEASE tell me your dirty arse is excited about the new Taylor Swift album.

I'm joking.

Seriously, though, please update your formula for 2021.

kthnxbye.
  |    |