Author Topic: PCEngineFX Appreciation Thread  (Read 499 times)

deckard

• Administrator
PCEngineFX Appreciation Thread
« on: October 11, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »
Just saw that Aaron is officially shutting down PCEngineFX which is kind of sad, but he'll still always be welcome.
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/

To say he did a lot for the PCE and TG16 communities is an understatement, and I'm hopeful we can still help to keep the community together.

See attachment for how I feel.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 04:38:53 PM by deckard »

gex

Re: PCEngineFX Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 06:06:56 PM »
I'll never understand Aaron or have anything nice to say about him, other than at one point care about the community. I feel everything that needed to be said has already been said in regards to what lead to this. Against his wishes, I'm happy everything has been backed up and the community is still together. Can't help but to think stirring the pot with him over FB last week had something to do with this, as this is totally of the blue from my knowledge considering the forums have been "frozen" for months now.

Regardless I hope he recovers mentally from what he said was going through and is happy making videos for his Youtube channel like ASMR dentist visits.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 10:40:36 PM »
Pour one out for Johnny Turbo!

Aaron did a lot FOR the community, but then he unfortunately did a lot TO the community.  It's a shame he didn't turn the reins over to someone else before he ran out of fucks to give.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:30:29 PM »
It was a good ride. The friendships I made on the Pcfx forums will carry the flame of what has past.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »
agreed. Some of the coolest chummers I've met have been through those forums and thanks to Aaron. It's sad to see the final nail in that coffin, but luckily we have this place and Sunteam's forums to continue on the legacy!   :icon_cat_stoned: